Did Condit train for Maia?

Russ82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Was a terrible effort. Even worse then Punk and Aldo. Or was it just karma for the marathon he ran against Diaz?

Was a terrible effort. Even worse then Punk and Aldo. Or was it just karma for the marathon he ran against Diaz?
To answer your first question, he was planning to retire if he lost to Lawler so his heart probably isn't in it anymore. As for your second question... fuck off.

nice face, Cloister

Idk but i loved it because of the Diaz fight myself.

Ill never like the natural born runner. I told people he wasnt very good, glad we all agree he's done and was never champ material. Good gatekeeper tho

There's plenty of footage of him training leading up to the fight.

The real question is why all the GOAT master planners JW could come up with was "Carlos, if you get taken down just go to full guard and cut Demian Maia with elbows".
<6><31>

Can't really train for the best BJJ fighter in the UFC other than TDD. Once Maia has your back, it's over, and not just with Condit.

Yeah it was definitely karma for having one lackluster fight in his entire career.

I wish Condit would knock you the F out! - dont disrespect someone who had a FOTY candidate- I think Nick is a good fighter but...
hi-res-84d380b596447d8f0efbe592ebcf1fa7_crop_north.jpg

A guy like Maia doesn't really gives you much options when he gets you down...

Can't really train for the best BJJ fighter in the UFC other than TDD. Once Maia has your back, it's over, and not just with Condit.

Matt Brown, 12 sub losses, lasted 3 rounds with Maia on his back. Wasn't till the very end. Gunnar nelson last till decision. Ryan LaFlare went 5 rounds with him to decision. Alaxander asjdfhalskjd went to decision.

Maia is one of the best BJJ guys in MMA but Condit getting subbed in like 2 minutes isn't Maia being BJJ god, that was Condit being terrible.

I agree with whoever said his heart isn't in it anymore.

No he rolled out of bed in a rear naked choke

I think getting KOd in 13 seconds is worse than subbed in a few mins

Matt Brown, 12 sub losses, lasted 3 rounds with Maia on his back. Wasn't till the very end. Gunnar nelson last till decision. Ryan LaFlare went 5 rounds with him to decision. Alaxander asjdfhalskjd went to decision.

Maia is one of the best BJJ guys in MMA but Condit getting subbed in like 2 minutes isn't Maia being BJJ god, that was Condit being terrible.

Good point. Correct with the facts, I guess when you look at it like that, damn.

Ill never like the natural born runner. I told people he wasnt very good, glad we all agree he's done and was never champ material. Good gatekeeper tho

He was a champ though. WEC and UFC Champ. When GSP was out injured...he was temporarily not the best the best WW. Condit was.

War Condit

He's won more and performed better since that fight than Diaz.

^^^^
another form of fighter math logic, which is stupid, no offense. :)
every fight is different and its mma, anything can happen on any given night. and it usually does

^^^^
another form of fighter math logic, which is stupid, no offense. :)
every fight is different and its mma, anything can happen on any given night. and it usually does

Logic is stupid now? A bunch of guys with average to poor grappling have proven it isn't that hard to survive on the ground with Maia if you're defensive, at least for awhile. The logical conclusion would be a solid grappler like Condit could at least do as well.

Of course every fight is different. But the fact that several B & C level grapplers were able to survive for very long periods of time with Maia on their backs makes Condit look really bad getting RNC in 2 minutes. And it's not like he got caught in a crazy submission. He just slowly gave up everything.

RNC's are pretty easy to defend in MMA with the gloves. You rarely see a RNC unless an opponent is rocked or exhausted and beat down like Brown was. At the very least Condits defense should have been good enough to fight it off for awhile.

Condit looked like a defeated white belt on the ground.

What's stupid is your conclusion " anything can happen on any given night and thus it's impossible for us to draw any conclusions from any peformance. " That's stupid as fuck.

Condit always had shit TDD, no amount of training would've helped him.

Back