Hendricks v Lombard too short a turnaround

ncnavguy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I get Hendricks back in kind of against the wall with 3 losses and the weight misses, but he just fought a full 3 round fight Dec 30th, 6 weeks seems pretty quick flip for that. I guess there is something to be said about him already being in fighting shape, but usually even the active fighters are still taking 3 months. 1 month recovery 2 month camp?

He doesn't need more time to get fat, especially now that he knows his next fight will be at MW.

I hope he beats Lombard. I don't like Hendricks even a bit, but I kinda hate Lombard.
WAR PIG!!!!!!

This whole fighters need months inbetween fights thing is lame. What about the old pride days? Fighters fighting 3 and 4 times a night. Hell, Cro Cop just did it in Rizin and he is 42.

I'm not dissing you or your post TS, it's a reality it's just lame that fighters do that these days

"too short" describes both these guys.

The tale of two welterweights: one couldn't put the dumbbells down, the other couldn't put the burger down. Together, they are the shortest MW fight in history.

I never understood why wrestlers in high school would spend hours in the sauna or spitting in a cup all day, just to fight in a lower class.

Fight your normal weight and be energized and healthy.

This whole fighters need months inbetween fights thing is lame. What about the old pride days? Fighters fighting 3 and 4 times a night. Hell, Cro Cop just did it in Rizin and he is 42.

I'm not dissing you or your post TS, it's a reality it's just lame that fighters do that these days

No worries, I have mad respect especially for those early days guys who would put in 2 - 3 fights a night. Just now days in the UFC at least, normally you will see quick turn arounds like this only when a fighter wins and usually wins by a quick 1st round KO. I mean if he took any damage at all v Magny it would take some time to heal and be cleared by a commish.

CroCop showed up to the UFC and got knocked out by everybody. He attempted a comeback in the USADA era and immediately was scuttled for admitting he shot up growth hormones. That was literally year one under the new testing.

You can't compare these guys to Pride. It's a completely different animal for a number of reasons. They aren't on PEDS for recovery, there is an enormous schedule of cards so there isn't any reason to rush, and Japan was forgiving of losses - the UFC is not.

The fast turnarounds are unnecessary and dangerous in the modern UFC. If Hendricks wants to become a middleweight and jump 15lbs, he should take the time to prepare for it.

Hendricks has a 50/50 chance at best of winning, and he is all but certainly cut with a loss.

CroCop showed up to the UFC and got knocked out by everybody. He attempted a comeback in the USADA era and immediately was scuttled for admitting he shot up growth hormones. That was literally year one under the new testing.

You can't compare these guys to Pride. It's a completely different animal for a number of reasons. They aren't on PEDS for recovery, there is an enormous schedule of cards so there isn't any reason to rush, and Japan was forgiving of losses - the UFC is not.

The fast turnarounds are unnecessary and dangerous in the modern UFC. If Hendricks wants to become a middleweight and jump 15lbs, he should take the time to prepare for it.

Hendricks has a 50/50 chance at best of winning, and he is all but certainly cut with a loss.
All these fighters these days bitch about fighter pay (which is valid point) butt then fight twice a year? Wtf is that? And don't talk shit about Cro Cop is a pioneer of the sport and current fighters should try to model his work ethic.

He's still in shape and didn't take much damage. Why exactly would it be too soon?

I guess you could call it a MW fight the same as Diaz McGregor was a WW fight, both dudes are small for the div so maybe it's not so bad.

The tale of two welterweights: one couldn't put the dumbbells down, the other couldn't put the burger down. Together, they are the shortest MW fight in history.

The winner gets Gastelum at LHW.

Good points but Jonny is donezo no matter what weight he fights at.

If the UFC had his interests in mind they'd give him an easy touch to ease him into the division. While Hector is coming off a cpl of losses, he still is a handful while his gas tank lasts.

Watch Hendricks cut 30 lbs for MW...

what are you talking about ts? hendricks only missed weight by 2 and a half pounds, he's only in this kind of lean shape once maybe twice a decade! get him in there before he accidentally walks past a burger king.

I hope he beats Lombard. I don't like Hendricks even a bit, but I kinda hate Lombard.
WAR PIG!!!!!!
Have we changed Big Rig to War Pig? Can we make this official?

Back