Both Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson expressed their frustrations with Conor McGregor.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“It’s for an interim title. It should be for the real (expletive). Am I little pissed about it? Yeah. Is Conor going to defend his belt? Little (expletive). Probably not,” Ferguson said about McGregor on Thursday when speaking to FOX Sports. “He’s going to run. Go ahead. Go run. Go try to box so you can get your ass kicked, too, then when you’re ready to come back they’re going to strip your belt. At 155, I’m going to be holding that and you’re going to be like ‘oh I want my belt back’. I don’t give a (expletive).

“This is the real fight. The fight’s between Khabib and Ferguson. That’s the real deal fight.”

Nurmagomedov says this is just par for the course when it comes to McGregor, who knocked out Jose Aldo to win the featherweight title in 2015 and then never defended the belt before giving it up after he won the lightweight strap at UFC 205.

Now Nurmagomedov sees another scenario where McGregor is holding up a division by not fighting just to hold onto his championship belt.

“Because he never defends his belts,” Nurmagomedov said. “He never defends his Cage Warriors belts, never defended his featherweight belt, and now UFC lightweight, I don’t think is different. But he has to defend.

“We’ll see. I don’t think about this too much. I think about Tony and March 4. This is the biggest fight in my life.”

As much as both fighters would like the chance to take the title away from McGregor, neither Ferguson or Nurmagomedov can be too concerned about that with their fight now booked for UFC 209 in March.

Ferguson is currently riding a nine-fight win streak while climbing up the rankings with impressive victories over former champion Rafael dos Anjos as well as top 10 opponents such as Edson Barboza.

Ferguson is much more concerned about the division dealing with him once he has the title than chasing McGregor around asking for a fight.

“Honestly I could give two (expletive) about it. He’s got his family, he’s got his things, he’s got his hands full. He’s a grown ass man, he can handle his own (expletive),” Ferguson said. “Same thing with me. I’m here to kick everybody’s ass in this division. I’m not going to excuse anybody of an ass whooping.”

As for Nurmagomedov, he feels like he’s in for a much tougher night at the office facing Ferguson than he would ever have against McGregor anyways.

So while the title on the line will say ‘interim’, Nurmagomedov knows he’s actually fighting the true No. 1 contender in the lightweight division.

“I feel Tony’s tougher than Conor. Because if I take (Conor) down, fight finished,” Nurmagomedov said. “If I take down Tony, we have to fight. Take down Conor, what’s he going to do? His condition is very bad. His spirit, his heart is small.

“I think Tony’s tougher than Conor.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...gor-ahead-interim-title-fight-showdown-011917

They'd both kick Conor's ass. No wonder he's hiding like a chicken.

Idiots think Conor is the GOAT.....

This is what The Eagle does to GOATs:

It is true that Tony's tougher than Conor, it is also true that this is the real title fight, Conor vs Eddie was a pathetic excuse of a fight, neither of them deserved a title shot

Conor's in a world of trouble whether he faces Khabib or Ferguson

I agree with Khabib.........Tony is tougher than Conor.....should be one hell of a fight....

He's a fraud, plain, and simple.

He is NEVER defending shit. Even some of his most ardent huggers are becoming loathe to try to defend the guy.

Winning a belt means nothing if you don't even attempt to defend it.

As with 200. I will consider the winner of the interim fight the legit champion. Until it becomes official.

Tony could very well be tougher than Conor but that can only take you so far. You could argue Aldo, Eddie, Nate are all tougher than Conor to one but they all ended up on the floor from his strikes. Khabib or tony could be super tough but it makes no difference when their brain gets rattled inside their skulls and the lights shut off.

“I feel Tony’s tougher than Conor. Because if I take (Conor) down, fight finished,” Nurmagomedov said. “If I take down Tony, we have to fight. Take down Conor, what’s he going to do? His condition is very bad. His spirit, his heart is small.

“I think Tony’s tougher than Conor.”

That's why I love this matchup, Tony has the best guard game on the division, this is going to be a war

Well at least now Connie have a 50%chance to actually defend the LW BELT since the UFC is killing one contender in this awesome but stupid IT title match.

Edit.
Honestly whoever loses this fight will make me kinda of sad.
2 great runs(one of then being undefeated)being put at risk to defend a hype job.

Last edited:
I think Connor is currently much more about the money than about feeling the need to prove himself by fighting the best competition. Not an insult, I just see it as a business decision. He has a huge reputation having fought only few fighters with top talent and the time is now to leverage it to earn truly big money.

Defending 145 wouldn't have make much sense because there isn't much there in terms of big names and big money potential. Fighting for the belt at 155 made total business sense, but defending 155 doesn't because his chance of losing is significant and the big money opportunities can evaporate quickly. I suspect he's doing everything in his power to land a "Mayweather money" type fight while his star is still shining bright, and that makes all the sense in the world.

But yeah, of course Khabib and Tony are frustrated. Who wouldn't be in their situation?

They're frustration is with the wrong person. I am not a mcgregor cheerleader, he is just playing his hand to the best of his ability.

They should be made at the UFC and Dana (the people who are actually in charge). Fighters are always misguided and blaming each other.

I think Connor is currently much more about the money than about feeling the need to prove himself by fighting the best competition. Not an insult, I just see it as a business decision. He has a huge reputation having fought only few fighters with top talent and the time is now to leverage it to earn truly big money.

Defending 145 wouldn't have make much sense because there isn't much there in terms of big names and big money potential. Fighting for the belt at 155 made total business sense, but defending 155 doesn't because his chance of losing is significant and the big money opportunities can evaporate quickly. I suspect he's doing everything in his power to land a "Mayweather money" type fight while his star is still shining bright, and that makes all the sense in the world.

But yeah, of course Khabib and Tony are frustrated. Who wouldn't be in their situation?
Every fighter should be about that. This is a job.

I need assistance with the expletives

Sh*t?
Fu*k?
Irish Fu*ker?
Dick Smack?

Meh guys keep underestimating Conor...he ethers then.

Is normal. I was a huge mcgregor hater and to me he's still not in the class of a jon Jones or gsp...just too many holes in his game but give the guy credit he always seems outclassed before the fight and he easily dismantled his opponents.

The only fight he lost last year was when he underestimated no Nate. Still though I don't see his run lasting more than another 2-3 years

Back