Reaction score
CM Punk 0-1
Bobby Lashley 15-2
Brock Lesnar 5-3-1, UFC Heavyweight Champion of the World
Dave Bautista 1-0

Guys who went from MMA to WWE
Ken Shamrock 28-17-2
Alberto Del Rio 9-5

CM Punk is statistically the WORST fighter to have come from the WWE. This whole notion that just because CM Punk sucked and lost to Mickey Gall says nothing about the potential of WWE fighters. CM Punk is physically underwhelming. Brock Lesnar was already a great amateur wrestler. It would be more telling to see how John Cena or Dwayne Johnson would do. But judging by their work ethic and their athleticism in the ring, they would at least be top 5 in my opinion in the heavyweight division. The Rock is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, I don't see how a guy like Stipe Miocic would be able to stop the brahma bull.

Batista fought a fucking obese dude and struggled. Lashley fights nothing but cans, and he never looks good. At least Punk fought someone with a pulse in his first fight.

Ludvig Borga aka Tony Halme is 0-4 and lost to Randy Couture at UFC 13

so no, 0-4 is worse than 0-1

Punk is an embarrassment and a travesty to the UFC who should never have been signed.

Nearly everyone on the list was a freakshow HW/SHW. Lesnar beat good comp because he had strong wreslting mixed with with overpowering size, power and athleticism.

CM Punk had nothing. He wasn't unusually gifted in any way. since he wasn't a HW, he couldn't have much of a size advantage. He wasn't strong for his size, he wasn't exceptionally quick and he was basically just an old guy with limited skills. Everyone knew this was going to end badly and it unsurprisingly did.

Last edited:
Shamrock was actually a pro wrestler (but not WWF/E) first.

Last edited:
CM Punk fought a legit guy in his first fight on a huge stage. Legit fighters have octagon jitters.

Give the guy a break.

CM Punk 0-1
Bobby Lashley 15-2
Dave Bautista 1-0

Ken Shamrock 28-17-2
Alberto Del Rio 9-5

CM Punk is statistically the WORST fighter to have come from the WWE. This whole notion that just because CM Punk sucked and lost to Mickey Gall says nothing about the potential of WWE fighters. CM Punk is physically underwhelming. Brock Lesnar was already a great amateur wrestler. It would be more telling to see how John Cena or Dwayne Johnson would do. But judging by their work ethic and their athleticism in the ring, they would at least be top 5 in my opinion in the heavyweight division. The Rock is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, I don't see how a guy like Stipe Miocic would be able to stop the brahma bull.

Oh fucking please. Even if CM Punk won his fight, he'd be tied with the WWE-TO-MMA's worst record.

Alberto del Rio was a professional wrestler before MMA

CM Punk 0-1
Bobby Lashley 15-2
Dave Bautista 1-0

Ken Shamrock 28-17-2
Alberto Del Rio 9-5

To add onto the list of MMA to WWE, MMA fighter Jack Claffey is 2-0 before he went to WWE. In WWE he's known as Englishman Jack Gallagher. Honestly Jack Gallagher would probably kick Punks ass in MMA.

Punk was never going to win in the UFC, he was a hobbyist who wanted and got millions to bang. He was James Toney on the day he had his agent negotiate his contract and the UFC wishes their booking had killed him. He didn't fight Mike Jackson for a reason after all. Unlike most of the others Punk wrestled a physical style for a good decade plus, the damage done to the human body in professional wrestling is beyond extreme and no one with that medical history could fight at a high level.

Batista fought a fucking obese dude and struggled. Lashley fights nothing but cans, and he never looks good. At least Punk fought someone with a pulse in his first fight.

Punk fought an amateur with no real wins.

CM Punk in the UFC IS a joke U never get tired of. I really want to see his next fight. His first fight had me on the floor laughing my ass off.

Both Shamrock and del Rio were pro wrestlers prior to competing in MMA (or NHB in Ken's case).

Ludvig Borga aka Tony Halme is 0-4 and lost to Randy Couture at UFC 13

so no, 0-4 is worse than 0-1
Funny thing looking back you would think that he had potential, he was a legit boxer and a wrestler..

Bam Bam Bigelow lost to Kimo in his only fight.
Nathan Jones lost at Pride 1 in his only fight, though this one looked fixed as hell.

And Sean O'Haire had a better record, but some really bad losses.

Back