Are heavyweights still cool in the ufc?

CieloLuce

my casual belt is fine.
@Brown
Reaction score
Personally I still get excited for HW fights in the UFC, it has somewhat of UFC old school vibe where it comes down to a KO, especially when you need it in the final round.

It is a bit of shame that the ufc doesn't feel compel to invest into the division that really needs fresh fighters.
Would totally watch a season of TUF with HW and LHW.

They desperately need new talent in that division. Does Stipe have a fight booked?

Id rather watch someone like Todd Duffee throw heat...as terrible as his striking is...than watch any wmma fight...

....unless its Michelle Waterson
<33>

They shoukd do a TUF tournament of heavyweight champions from around the world and have the winner fight Demetrious Johnson.

The possibility of a KO anytime is always exciting, but unfortunately there aren't many heavies than can actually fight well

Yes, let's be real, the heavyweights still represent the purity of the sport from years ago, Velasquez, JDS, Overeem, Arlovski, Barnett & Werdum etc have been around forever or at least feels like, I appreciate them guys fighting and even the younger/fresher faces in the champ Miocic, Struve, Ngannou etc are fun to watch.

I will miss the vets though when they go.

No.

The fascinating thing about the heavies is that one punch can end it at any time. Outside of that there isn't much interest

Hell yeah!!!

STIPE BROUGHT THAT BELT BACK TO MURICA!!!!

it's my favourite division by far, either Stipe vs JDS or JDS vs Doom has to be booked asap

Personally I still get excited for HW fights in the UFC, it has somewhat of UFC old school vibe where it comes down to a KO, especially when you need it in the final round.

It is a bit of shame that the ufc doesn't feel compel to invest into the division that really needs fresh fighters.
Would totally watch a season of TUF with HW and LHW.
JDHpAqw.gif

yes but in 3-4 years half of the mainstays from the last decade will be retired, and the others will be a couple years from retiring too and there are no real prospects besides maybe ngannou on the horizon

Back