Why do you want MMA fighters in other sports?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to see Phelps against Murray in a tennis match even if Phelps would get $25 million dollar per point.

Why would I want to see MMA fighters in other sports?

Because there's an interest in combat sports for the best in their disciplines to challenge themselves and each other.

Because it is all about the entertainment of soulless masses. The society of the spectacle. Everybody knows Floyd would KO Connor

It's in the sports name: mixed martial sparts
meryl-streep-b54a7d5b-d00e-4617-966c-74fd2210a0b3.jpg

I have little interest in seeing Conor fight Floyd. The intrigue in sports is the idea that you don't know the outcome. That element is lost with a sham fight like this. Put it this way: Floyd easily outclassed Andre Berto in his last fight. Andre Berto would easily smash Conor in a boxing ring. The guys that Floyd beats are, themselves, many many levels above Conor. To put it another way, if you transported Conor back to 1996, the then-amateur 19 year old Floyd would box circles around Conor.

The people who are interested in this match likely don't realize that all of the above is true.

However, I will admit that the buildup to the fight would be a lot of fun. But there would be zero drama in the fight itself.

Conor losing to Floyd the same way that Ronda lost to Nunes doesn't do anything good for MMA. Sure Conor and Floyd would make tons of money, but MMA in general wouldn't benefit.

Back