Conor's MMA footwork in a boxing match

KBG_LKG

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I dont think there are rules on footwork in boxing, as far as traditional vs unorthodox. Conor doesnt have to use traditional boxing stance and range. with McG moving forward and maintaining the near kicking distance that he can effectively punch from and with Floyd being his fleet-footed patient self, does anyone see conor being able to trap floyd? At floyds level, he's seen everything I'm sure, but I feel like it would make him uncomfortable dealing with stance switches, mma-ish distance, with a much larger guy. All, of course, under the idea that 2 guys in a boxing match use a very particular kind of footwork and range and it seems to be the same in most boxing matches. I know that if it works, don't change it and boxing is as old as the hills so I imagine it's been tried before. I watch both sports heavily but I don't train or anything so maybe I need an education..

Floyd outclasses McGregor so badly he gets a rare finish. TKO against the ropes

conor in a boxing match vs floyd. Same stance and range. Boxers don't move like conor does. If he brings that in the ring would it give floyd problems?

I dont think there are rules on footwork in boxing, as far as traditional vs unorthodox. Conor doesnt have to use traditional boxing stance and range. with McG moving forward and maintaining the near kicking distance that he can effectively punch from and with Floyd being his fleet-footed patient self, does anyone see conor being able to trap floyd? At floyds level, he's seen everything I'm sure, but I feel like it would make him uncomfortable dealing with stance switches, mma-ish distance, with a much larger guy. All, of course, under the idea that 2 guys in a boxing match use a very particular kind of footwork and range and it seems to be the same in most boxing matches. I know that if it works, don't change it and boxing is as old as the hills so I imagine it's been tried before. I watch both sports heavily but I don't train or anything so maybe I need an education..
I agree his karate Machida-esque stance. But his posture is very good, and he has the reach, power and speed to slightly unsettle Mayweather even a little bit.

Just no. Have you seen conor sparring at wild cards gym? Van heerden played with him and that guy, no disrespect, isnt even near the same league as floyd. Conor has very good boxing for mma standards but he is on amateur level in so many things when it comes to the sweet science compared to the top guys. Its a different sport.

LOL at people who think Conor would beat or even compete with Floyd. Lulz

conor in a boxing match vs floyd. Same stance and range. Boxers don't move like conor does. If he brings that in the ring would it give floyd problems?
Boxers don't move like Conor does? Lol please stop you're embarassing yourself. Btw I'm putting you on ignore for shitposting

Logic would dictate the idea that floyd wins, which he should. But I don't think it would be the kind of drubbing most people do. But once again, I don't do combat sports whatsoever.

Boxers don't move like Conor does? Lol please stop you're embarassing yourself
Pick 10 pro boxers. They will mostly have the same footwork style. None of those ten will have conors stance and distance. Why you gotta be a douche about it anyway?

Logic would dictate the idea that floyd wins, which he should. But I don't think it would be the kind of drubbing most people do. But once again, I don't do combat sports whatsoever.

He would embarrass conor. It would be similar to a little kid falling into a shark tank.

First, ropes and corners kill a fighter that uses a karate-like stance like Conor. It kills your distance game. Then your playing the game in the ring with a boxing savant master. Conor would never win that game.

Boxers don't move like Conor does? Lol please stop you're embarassing yourself. Btw I'm putting you on ignore for shitposting

Sweet, but if you're so top notch why make a production about it? And not just do it?

First, ropes and corners kill a fighter that uses a karate-like stance like Conor. It kills your distance game. Then your playing the game in the ring with a boxing savant master. Conor would never win that game.
Finally. I rambled, but I just wanted to know why conors style wouldn't help him in a boxing match. Much obliged.

You do realize that boxing is old and well-established. If karate standing would be of any help, they'd have figured it out already.

You're a Conor fan right? So, what you described means Conor will land ZERO punches on Floyd, who is faster, will counter, land, win a decision or even TKO your hero. And it would be ugly to watch. No need to be Floyd: any decent boxer, especially one Conor's size.

It's been pretty much impossible for anyone to effectively cut off the ring against Floyd. Conor wouldn't be able to do that.

Conor will LHK Floyd and laugh all the way to the bank to cash his check

No. Floyd will beat his ass in a boxing match.

I don't like Floyd. But he is very, very, good. A tremendous boxer that I happen to strongly dislike.
But damn that sumbitch can box.

Conor will beat Floyd's ass in an MMA fight.

So, pretty much this. No need to beat this topic to death.

You do realize that boxing is old and well-established. If karate standing would be of any help, they'd have figured it out already.

You're a Conor fan right? So, what you described means Conor will land ZERO punches on Floyd, who is faster, will counter, land, win a decision or even TKO your hero. And it would be ugly to watch. No need to be Floyd: any decent boxer, especially one Conor's size.
Not a big conor fan, i just recognize what he can do.

Back