If Rockhold fights Whittaker, Jacare is out of title contention for a while.

L

Lissove

Jacare is fighting lower competition right now, while Moose can propel himself above Jacare with a high name like Weidman. Weidman can enter back to title contention if he beats Moose. All of them(rock/whit and weid/moose) can fight the winner of each fight. ultimately leading to someone come out victorious with impressive resume, a sure title guarantee. Now, Jacare has to wait through Yoel and the next title contender. In that waiting he will need to have two more fights over high names to enter back to the title picture.

i am a fan but no sympathy for him. wouldn't fight Kennedy at 205. Ducked Mousassi to fight someone barley ranked.

Whitaker should to be built up slowly. I hate when they throw young promising fighters in the deep end.

I hope Luke will be back. He's got so much talent in his kicks and his grappling.

MW is crazy right now. A few months ago Sherdog agreed that Luke, Chris, Jacare and Romero are the big four in the division. All of a sudden there is Whittaker and Moose in the mix and Luke and Chris are suspect.

It's a shame for Jacare because a case could be made he beat Romero.
Bisping seriously killed this divison.

I hope Luke will be back. He's got so much talent in his kicks and his grappling.

MW is crazy right now. A few months ago Sherdog agreed that Luke, Chris, Jacare and Romero are the big four in the division. All of a sudden there is Whittaker and Moose in the mix and Luke and Chris are suspect.

That's why MMA fans are crazy. Luke and Chris aren't suspect.. That's just what happens when you are fighting the top guys every fight. Chris could beat Luke and Yoel on any given night. Same with Luke. He can beat Bisping 8 out of 10 times.

That's why MMA fans are crazy. Luke and Chris aren't suspect.. That's just what happens when you are fighting the top guys every fight. Chris could beat Luke and Yoel on any given night. Same with Luke. He can beat Bisping 8 out of 10 times.
True that. I'll stick to Weidman and Rockhold until they retire.

Your nick name though.
<DrakeLaugh>

Agreed but I can see Jacare being in the same situation as Dos Santos at heavyweight, if Romero beats Bisping, Jacare has that previous win over the champion and with all all the contenders fighting each other, he may get the a shot sooner rather than later at Romero.

Technically he lost the fight (imho), but I think it was obvious that Jacare is the better fighter. Especially when it goes for 5 rounds.

Luke's chin was exposed but otherwise I agree that his talent is unreal. Moose seems to have changed mentally and just letting everything go instead of holding back like he used to do

Damn, I just saw that Moose will take on Weidman at 210. That fight I proposed some months ago! A good one, can't wait.

Props to Moose for being the awesome fighter that he is, but I hope Weiman comes back. I hope for him (and his family tbh) that he doesn't collect the third L in a row while being in his prime.

Jacare gets winner of Bisping/Romero.

Rockhold vs Whittaker must happen tho. It makes total sense.

I agree and if recent reports of Bispings knee injury are to be believed then I assume UFC follows the recent narrative of creating Jacare vs Yoel fo the Interim MW championship.

I like that Whittaker Rockhold idea, imo that is the fight to make. I still think Jacare should get the next title shot though if he beats Boestch, I want to see Souza finally get his shot and avenge that controversial loss to Romero. I'm a big fan of both Chris and Luke, but they've had their belts. It'd be interesting to me to see someone new fight for the strap right now, not saying Chris or Luke can't get back in the mix with a win or two.

Whitaker should to be built up slowly. I hate when they throw young promising fighters in the deep end.

Whom should he fight? He just destroyed Brunson. Not many people between Bronson and the champ. :)

Back