Glover, Shogun and Bader All Ducked Jimi Manuwa

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
British light heavyweight Jimi Manuwa is relishing the thought of walking out in front of his home crowd at UFC Fight Night 103 in London, England. Yet, to say he's totally happy with his situation would be inaccurate.

Following an earlier report by FloCombat, Manuwa's co-main event tilt against Corey Anderson officially announced by UFC this morning.

On the face of things, the No. 5 ranked fighter in the division versus the No. 9 ranked isn't all that crazy. Hearing the context and everything that Manuwa had been through in the past few months though, really gave a different perspective on how this fight came about for the man from London.

http://www.flocombat.com/article/50...elite-where-the-hell-is-everyone#.WIFHIFx8Vzl

lhw sucks bunch of bums the paper champ is constantly injured the real champ is constantly in trouble and everybody else is 50 yrs old and ducking each other.

I wouldn't exactly call him a dark horse.

Edit: I didn't mean it that way!!!

You seem like a manuwa fan...

tumblr_nu8soxZnuD1tugoyjo1_400.gif

how-to-draw-genius-genius-face-step-8_1_000000131599_5.gif

"They came back and they said no--Shogun said no. I was just like, what the f*ck is going on here? Where is everyone? I hate calling people out and saying people's names, but now I can understand why they do it. There's way too much cherry picking going on and people that just want to hold on to their spot."

DAMN!

I've got tix to the 208 Brooklyn show and they should have matched Glover with Manuwa

My initial thoughts were that Glover was coming off a KO loss and Manuwa a KO win, but whatever.

So Glover should tell Cannonier to go fuck himself and face Manuwa?
So Shogun should tell Villante to go fuck himself and face Manuwa?

So Glover should tell Cannonier to go fuck himself and face Manuwa?
So Shogun should tell Villante to go fuck himself and face Manuwa?

they got offered the manuwa fight before they got offered those fights ya goof

I don't blame Shogun for not taking that fight

Manuwa is a very tough fighter snd I dont take anything away from him. But we got to take facts into consideration and remember things as they are.
Shogun was once signed to fight Manuwa, and he got injured 10 days before the fight and opted out. as a consequence Shogun ended up fighting a completely different fighter in short notice in St Preux and losing. If it wasnt for that the would have fought already long ago.
Also, some people dont realize the difference in taxes a Brazilian has to pay when fighting in the UK compared to fighting in Brazil.

No he lost to #1 in 15 seconds which should mean he doesn't fight #5 next.

why? glover is higher ranked than manuwa he chose an opponent that isn't even ranked in the top 15 he should go to boxing if he wants a warm up fight

Manuwa is a very tough fighter snd I dont take anything away from him. But we got to take facts into consideration and remember things as they are.
Shogun was once signed to fight Manuwa, and he got injured 10 days before the fight and opted out. as a consequence Shogun ended up fighting a completely different fighter in short notice in St Preux and losing. If it wasnt for that the would have fought already long ago.
Also, some people dont realize the difference in taxes a Brazilian has to pay when fighting in the UK compared to fighting in Brazil.

"They came back and they said no--Shogun said no. I was just like, what the f*ck is going on here? Where is everyone? I hate calling people out and saying people's names, but now I can understand why they do it. There's way too much cherry picking going on and people that just want to hold on to their spot."

DAMN!

Im sure Manuwa will certainly understand that maybe some fightes may not want to fight him in the UK and pay heavy taxes, Same way he himself didnt want to fight in Denver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back