Fighters who have faced each other in both mma and another discipline?

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just here pondering how many times have guys (or girls) competed against each other under mma rules and another sport/ruleset? Here's some that I can think of off the top of the dome:

Couture and Coleman fought in UFC and wrestled each other back in 88 or 89

Fitch and Shields fought in WSOF and faced each other in grappling at least twice that I've seen (I think Shields won by guillotine in one and the other was a draw...may be remembering wrong)

Mirko and Hunt fought each other in K1 and in Pride

Chael fought Bisping and Babalu(2x) in mma and faced both in grappling

Joe Schilling got ktfo by Kato in both mma and kickboxing

Sakuraba and Renzo had an mma fight and a rematch years later under grappling rules

Ditto for Miesha and Jessica Eye, except for the years later part I guess it was a year or two later

Wand and Rich Franklin fought twice in mma, reigniting a rivalry that started over this competition years prior:

Can you guys think of some more? There's probably a bunch from guys wrestling in college eh

Good thread.

I think Bader and Davis wrestled and fought in the UFC.

Just here pondering how many times have guys (or girls) competed against each other under mma rules and another sport/ruleset? Here's some that I can think of off the top of the dome:

Joe Schilling got ktfo by Kato in both mma and kickboxing

that's the best one. schilling got beat at both disciplines. terrible for his morale.

Frank Mir and Roy Nelson faced eachother at a Grapplers Quest no Gi BJJ tournament and later again at UFC 130.

chael choked out tito when they were in school

Is there a story behind this? I've paid attention to some of the build up for the fight but I don't remember hearing anything about that. Hell I listen to Chael's podcast all the time in the hopes that he would cut more promos on Tito but he barely mentions him.

Conor about to get #murked by Floyd in boxing and UFC

Is there a story behind this? I've paid attention to some of the build up for the fight but I don't remember hearing anything about that. Hell I listen to Chael's podcast all the time in the hopes that he would cut more promos on Tito but he barely mentions him.
yeah it was in the bellator promo. very high quality

Back