Jason Parillo thinks BJ Penn will want to fight again. Says Yair was a terrible matchup.

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Coach Parillo said:
“I can’t give a straight answer, like yes or no,” Parillo said. “Because I’m not a mind reader. But again, if you put a gun to my head and you say ... ‘If you answer wrong, I’m gonna shoot you in the head. Do you think BJ Penn will fight again?’ I would say yes.”

Parillo didn’t think Rodriguez was the right matchup for Penn, especially given the long layoff, the age gap and Rodriguez’s standing among the top 145-pounders in the world.

“F*ck no, that wasn’t the right matchup,” said Parillo, who is here coaching Tito Ortiz for his Bellator 170 main event against Chael Sonnen. “Maybe? F*ck no, that wasn’t the right matchup. One fight, five years. Give me the No. 35 guy. Who’s ranked No. 35?”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/1/1...rillo-thinks-bj-penn-will-want-to-fight-again

bj-penn-788579.jpg

The Prodigy vs KID Yamamoto at 145, book it.

I'm sure there's a few female fighters that may be a challenge for BJ.

Hes right so why didnt he tell BJ to reconsider the Yair fight? That matchup made no sense at all.

Kid got thrashed by Mighty Mouse at 125.

Dude is undersized to fight the LW GOAT.
Maybe, but that was actually at 135 and BJ looks no bigger than Holly at this point lol. KID used to fight at LW anyway XD

The only person this wasn't completely obvious to is BJ.

I mean at this point, they just need to force him into retirement like they did Chuck and Nog. Literally NOTHING good can come out of him fighting again.

More money? He's already rich.
Another belt? His legacies already cemented
Fan interest? No one in their right mind wants to see this guy fight again

And add on brain damage as an icing on the cake. He just needs to give it up and find something else to do with his life. Hell, do BJJ competitions if his competitive spirit is still ablaze. Or...Be a coach somewhere. Anything but fighting. I love you BJ, but put the gloves away! please!

I'm sure there's a few female fighters that may be a challenge for BJ.
Get Tate to come back for a fight, retired Tate vs should-be-retired BJ.

Or have Kavaleva debut at openweight against BJ, it'll be a throwback to the days of fighting Chida at HW.

:D

I mean at this point, they just need to force him into retirement like they did Chuck and Nog. Literally NOTHING good can come out of him fighting again.

More money? He's already rich.
Another belt? His legacies already cemented
Fan interest? No one in their right mind wants to see this guy fight again

And add on brain damage as an icing on the cake. He just needs to give it up and find something else to do with his life. Hell, do BJJ competitions if his competitive spirit is still ablaze. Or...Be a coach somewhere. Anything but fighting. I love you BJ, but put the gloves away! please!
He should go fight in RIZIN.

The UFC isn't the place for guys like BJ anymore. Bellator and Rizin cater to his types now. Either go there and fight others on your level, or stay in the UFC and gamble with CTE.

Parillo from results to how he talks and treats his fighter sounds a lot like Edmond.

Jonesing already for one more payday and a little bit longer in the spot-life for himself.

Maybe, but that was actually at 135 and BJ looks no bigger than Holly at this point lol. KID used to fight at LW anyway XD

When Kid fought LW he was using his superior speed and power against larger opponents. Idk if he still has em

Back