Conor-Floyd Dilemma

xm4mba24x

Tirteen seconds...
@White
Reaction score
As big of a Conor fan as I am, I'd like for him to defend his belt before this Floyd fight. Problem is that money-wise, none of the parties involved can risk a loss in his first title defense or the Floyd fight might flop, which means a lot of waiting. Knowing how boxing works, the winner of Khabib/Tony should get ready to wait a while. Dana will pocket he money and look the other way because it makes the most business sense, but it's not right. How does everyone else think this is gonna go down? Surely the UFC can't allow mcgregor to wait 13 months or whatever to defend, thoughts?

McGregor and Dana will continue talking about the fight, Mayweather will continue laughing at them, they will continue responding while the 'fight' itself will never happen.

200.gif

McGregor and Dana will continue talking about the fight, Mayweather will continue laughing at them, they will continue responding while the 'fight' itself will never happen.
That's what I thought too, but now you've got guys like woodley saying they think at it'll happen this year.

That's what I thought too, but now you've got guys like woodley saying they think at it'll happen this year.

The only thing that stops me from ruling it completely is the fact that money talks and crazy and ridiculous as this fight may be, it would still generate a huge amount. But it is still highly unlikely imo.

I would rather watch McGregor vs Mayweather than McGregor vs Random UFC fighter.

Mayweather vs McGregor will change combat sports forever. It will be historical.

McGregor will never have a solid UFC Champion record. He is not going to be a "5 Years with no loses" type of champ. He is good for entertaining with lots of media drama and fanfare fights.

I would rather watch McGregor vs Mayweather than McGregor vs Random UFC fighter.

Mayweather vs McGregor will change combat sports forever. It will be historical.

McGregor will never have a solid UFC Champion record. He is not going to be a "5 Years with no loses" type of champ. He is good for entertaining with lots of media drama and fanfare fights.
Yeah I mean I'd buy the fight for sure. I disagree with you on the champ part though. His only ufc loss was at 170 and he fought like an idiot. This next fight will tell us how dominant he'll be. If he KO's khabib I don't see anyone touching him for a while.

Yeah I mean I'd buy the fight for sure. I disagree with you on the champ part though. His only ufc loss was at 170 and he fought like an idiot. This next fight will tell us how dominant he'll be. If he KO's khabib I don't see anyone touching him for a while.
He fought a 155 dude. So, I am not buying that "Nate is a giant 170" narrative. Conor lost fair and square.

However, I do agree with you on his future in the 155 division. I even made a thread about. If Conor gets over Khabib, then the division is open for him to be a great champion.

He has a more than good chance at beating anybody in that division (including Khabib). But, I also believe other 155 number one contenders have a very good chance of beating Conor. They just need to respect the "touch of death."

McGregor's opponents think that he doesn't hit hard, because he is not throwing some crazy looping overhead bombs. So, they go in there thinking they are just going to bully him, until they taste a few lefts and forget their game plans.

A tough fighter who respects the "touch of death," and sticks to the game plan for it, has a good chance at beating McGregor, like McGregor has a chance of beating him.

McGregor is a "right match up" champion, I don't see him as a "go down the contender list and eradicate the division for the next 5 years" champ.

2017 is going to be super interesting.

Back