Chris Weidman staring at a possible 3 fight losing streak when he faces Mousassi. What went wrong?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this guy was suppose to be the next GOAT after anderson

now he's still only his daddy's boy

this guy was suppose to be the next GOAT after anderson

now he's still only his daddy's boy

Not sure whether you like him or not, so I'll reserve my response for some more input by you because I definitely don't want to be seen agreeing with anything you have to say.:)

I never liked it when guys beat legends and get touted to be the next guy to dominate, Hendricks/GSP, Weidman/Silva were fights where their careers collided at the perfect time, give it GSP had a close one with Hendricks but nobody had done that to GSP and because of that he was the next one.

Weidman never had that speciality aura about him let's be real

Threw a goof ass kick against Rockhold and got pulverized because of it, then fought a tough matchup for him in Romero who has improved his TDD significantly

I still think he's good but IMO that "He beat Anderson because he was always better than him" shit was pretty much nonsense. He just came along at the right time.

Nothing went wrong.

He faced 3 prime killers and unfortunately is seen as a fighter of great circumstance to a lot of fans: (machida was out of his prime, anderson was also and had 2 fluky wins over him , vitor was off trt)

exactly what @KONE said. Fighter of great timing imo, hes a good fighter, but he got overrated due to the names of his wins with a lot of people ignoring father time and how the won some of the fights

Weidmans daddy will be there to comfort him when Moose stoves in his head.

chris-weidman-instagram-fathers-day.jpg

He started fighting guys who weren't over-the-hill Brazilians...

Nothing went wrong. Chris Weidman has always been of the most overrated fighters in MMA history.

this guy was suppose to be the next GOAT
what rising star can you NOT say this about? or do you make threads like this for every fighter that loses? like a cliche of the worst sherdogger?

for faksake i'm not even really a fan of Weidman (am a fan of Gegard), but the way you fucksticks insult and degrade fighters is really disgusting. makes me long for the old days when fan bashing --> IP bans.

He got exposed. He was never any good. Just got lucky against Silva twice.

what rising star can you NOT say this about? or do you make threads like this for every fighter that loses? like a cliche of the worst sherdogger?

for faksake i'm not even really a fan of Weidman (am a fan of Gegard), but the way you fucksticks insult and degrade fighters is really disgusting. makes me long for the old days when fan bashing --> IP bans.
say what about? what are you over reacting to?

Nothing went wrong. Chris Weidman has always been of the most overrated fighters in MMA history.

Agreed. That isn't to say he was/is a great MW, but after the Silva fights people wanted him to move up to LHW so he could beat Jones. Lol'd

Just unlucky. Rockhold is one of the best fighters in the UFC and it's a coin toss when it comes to those two.

Weidman was on his way to victory until Yoel knee'd his head into oblivion.

Prime Weidman >>>>>>>>>>>> Prime Silva.

The USADA stuff is garbage. The IV band forced changes and he was one of the many that had to adapt and slim down or risk putting his life in danger.

Hes one of those guys who shrunk like crazy post USADA.

I think Mousasi will hurt him. Weidman needs to fight a few lower level guys to find his stride again. There's no way he's going to be 100 percent mentally after those two loses

He was ALWAYS overrated.

His win over Hall made him seem better than what he actually was since Hall was wrecking guys in TUF.
He beat an old Munoz and people started overrated his "timing".
Then he beat a bunch of old legends in their late 30's and out of their primes.

He's a mid-teir MW and thats it. He's good all around, but he isnt great in any particular aspect in MMA. Moose via boxing clinic.

Last edited:
I dont think he will ever recover from that knee, it was just brutal.

Back