TUF format needs to change to stay relevant

Smoking Indoors

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They should keep going with the two teams and the elimination process, but in the semi finals, that fight should be for an interim TUF championship belt. Then the two interim title holders can fight in the finals to unify the belts. Then take the winner of that and make an interim title match against the winner of the previous season. Whoever wins, gets a title shot at the champion of the next season and a new belt..

I like the idea but I would also like to see it renamed "The Interim Fighter".

42283819.jpg

It should be ten percent training, ninety percent guys sitting on couches, Tweeting

Nope

They need to eliminate showing the boring ass training, focus on in house and have a weekly team challenge to get the right to earn the fight pick , then show the fight

Treat it like a reality show

I think they should just make the tournament a 3 night affair, make it an event and drop the reality TV bullshit.

If it aint broke don't fix it. The new season is going to be dope. WAR Team No-Love !!! Wonder how many times Dillashaw will get ko'd during sparring...

Gone full retard.

Also, why they haven't scrapped it already is beyond logical reasoning

I agree!

It crazy to think that they declare some guys with less than 10 professional fights as, "coach"

Some of the competitors have more pro experience than the damn coaches.

Not sure how they could bring back the magic. It has just run its course.

They should keep going with the two teams and the elimination process, but in the semi finals, that fight should be for an interim TUF championship belt. Then the two interim title holders can fight in the finals to unify the belts. Then take the winner of that and make an interim title match against the winner of the previous season. Whoever wins, gets a title shot at the champion of the next season and a new belt..
<[analyzed}>

I agree!

It crazy to think that they declare some guys with less than 10 professional fights as, "coach"

Some of the competitors have more pro experience than the damn coaches.

Not sure how they could bring back the magic. It has just run its course.
All the contestants could train the coaches who will fight each other at the end and then the contestants are made into interim coaches next season.

Back