BJ Penn vs KID Yamamoto

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Since BJ isn't retiring, how about this fight next? This was considered a dream matchup back in their youth, now not so much but it seems reasonable. KID fights at BW now but can go up to meet BJ at 145. Who would you back, the 38 yo Prodigy or the 39 yo KID?

I'd rather see BJ vs Royce in Bellator.

Royce is red hot right now, coming off a viscious knockout of Ken Shamrock. BJ just fought a top ten guy, got the rust out, and is prime for a comeback with renewed motivation and hungry to erase his last performance. The Time Is Now for these two legends to finally meet!!!

Is Kid even still fighting? Last I saw he was getting beat by some unranked guys in the UFC a few years ago, maybe even before rankings. I think Kid is too small for Penn, he relied on his explosiveness during his prime, which he lost awhile back. Absolute beast though, and an all time great at 145

Is Kid even still fighting? Last I saw he was getting beat by some unranked guys in the UFC a few years ago, maybe even before rankings. I think Kid is too small for Penn, he relied on his explosiveness during his prime, which he lost awhile back. Absolute beast though, and an all time great at 145
He was supposed to fight last year but got injured, his last fight was in 2015. So kind of like BJ...

I think the best possible match up for BJ is a Takanori Gomi rematch at 155. Other match ups I like are:
Guida
Gray Maynard
Cole Miller
Siver
Manny
Matt Wiman
Hirota
Kid aint a bad idea either

Penn is done as far as Im concerned at the top level . Yamamoto is in the same boat . Good fighters in their day but best not put together . Its a win for Penn if they did but why would be the question at this point .

I like it.

Faber's retirement fight should've been against Yamamoto too.

I always want to watch Kid fight, whomever it may be against.

ActiveUnkemptCrocodileskink.gif

kid.gif

ScaredAnchoredIsabellineshrike.gif

no.

I said this elsewhere too...but if Penn still has the competitive itch, why not make a return to BJJ? There are plenty of BJJ, grappling, and submission-only tourneys out there these days. Penn obviously does not need the money, so the lack of $$$ would not be a big obstacle.

Kenny Florian got back into it as of last year (don't know how he did at the New York Spring Open though), and he faced Shaolin in an ADCC legends match just a few months ago (vid can be googled - def worth seeing)

BJ Penn v a side of beef. not certain who I am taking

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back