Ranked Fights vs Show fights

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've been viewing this WME purchase with an open mind but so far thier firing of Goldie and half the top long time execs and more importantly, the heavy focus on show fights as opposed to proper ranking and contender fights have really left me wondering what the mma community thinks about that.

Would you prefer a world where someone like Maia and Khabib (not the most exciting fighters to a casual audience) get title shots and main event pay per views because that's what rankings are for and this is a competitive sport.

Or would you rather have Woodley fight Connor , or Bisbing fight Woodley, or Nate vs Connor III , or Bisbing vs Hendo III?

In my honest opinion , if this recent trend towards show fights continues , I can honestly see (and support) fighters leaving and joining Bellator or even a new organization that focuses on fighter pay, allows individual sponsors, and more importantly, follow it's one rankings in setting up fights no matter how popular or unpopular a fighter is

I like a little of both to be honest.

Silva vs Forest was good
Nate stepping in late was fun!

When injuries or contract talks go wrong then I'm all for the most interesting show fights.

I like fights

62440366.jpg

I'm all for champ vs champ fights if the smaller guy wants it.
I also love a good Rocky story where a shot just falls in someone's lap and they make the best of it.
I'd still like the majority of the sport to be a loosely ranked progression toward contender ship.

I'm ok with it, only hate the instant rematches

Back