Stephen 'Wonderboy' Thompson Talks UFC 209 Rematch, Scoring of First Fight, Wrong Desicion

Wonderboy seems like a good dude, but obviously has to change his tone since Tyron "Privilege Checker" Woodley is being a complete scumbag with the nonsense. That interview on Sportscenter was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. I'm an attorney and I have seen some pretty bad testimony and arguments in my day (and given some as well), but he was making no sense. He sounded like he didn't even know what he wanted to say. First he said Wonderboy didn't respect him. Then said he did respect him but the UFC didn't. Then proceeded to use Demetrious Johnson as an example who FIGHTS AT AN OBSCURE WEIGHTCLASS. Not to mention he said Wonderboy was promoted more so as the champion. Seriously dude, you just became champion. The reason people don't like you is because you are a crybaby and race-baiter. Maybe if you actually won the fight or stopped him, people would respect you? If there is one sport that probably does the least discrimination with race, it would be boxing or MMA. There is so much diversity.

sorry for the rant

Wonderboy seems like a good dude, but obviously has to change his tone since Tyron "Privilege Checker" Woodley is being a complete scumbag with the nonsense. That interview on Sportscenter was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. I'm an attorney and I have seen some pretty bad testimony and arguments in my day (and given some as well), but he was making no sense. He sounded like he didn't even know what he wanted to say. First he said Wonderboy didn't respect him. Then said he did respect him but the UFC didn't. Then proceeded to use Demetrious Johnson as an example who FIGHTS AT AN OBSCURE WEIGHTCLASS. Not to mention he said Wonderboy was promoted more so as the champion. Seriously dude, you just became champion. The reason people don't like you is because you are a crybaby and race-baiter. Maybe if you actually won the fight or stopped him, people would respect you? If there is one sport that probably does the least discrimination with race, it would be boxing or MMA. There is so much diversity.

sorry for the rant

The rant was spot on though.

Woodley won rounds one, three and four imo.

Wonderboy wins the rematch imo.

Tyron is nuts to think an entire fight is based on 2-3 big moments. If that were true, Hendo would he the champ. Especially a 5 rounder. Now if Tyron still had those big moments in a 3 rounder, Tyron takes it hands down.

Also, Wonderboy DID NOT beat Tyron....The old saying of, "You have to BEAT the champ" did not apply. Wonderboy did not do enough.

I was rooting for Wonderboy but in my opinion Woodley could have easily had the decision and did look like a better fighter that night. And aside from few big moments from Woodley in the 4:th the fight was pretty lackluster. I dont see the point for immediate rematch.

I sympathize with Woodley, he really did beat the shit out of Wonderboy. The rematch is stupid and there's no reason to believe it will be any different.

I sympathize with Woodley, he really did beat the shit out of Wonderboy. The rematch is stupid and there's no reason to believe it will be any different.
Look at the history of rematches in the UFC and there's your reason. If Woodley can't land something big and can't take Wonderboy down this time he'll lose. It's all a matter of who performs. If Woodley goes out there, doesn't look for takedowns, puts his back against the cage and Thompson is able to pull the trigger this time then Woodley is going to lose. On the opposite side Wonderboy could be even more hesitant, Woodley could have a great preformance and end up Dominating Wonderboy.

I'd play the race card to sell more ppv and get a bigger following too.
Don't blame either of these guys and I'm looking forward to the fight.

Back