Chael open up about losing newborn daughter.

The Chosen Run

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
“Brittany was sick and we kept going to the doctors, we were at three different emergency rooms and four doctors in total. And they kept telling us it’s dehydration and they kept putting an IV in her and rehydrating her and finally I had to get big and strong and I told the doctor, look nobody knows more about hydration than me not even you doctors you guys don’t ever see dehydration. I come from the one and only field where you have to make weight before you can do your job. If you tried to weigh anybody in any other form of society before you let them work you’d be sued, I know all about dehydration, I wrote a book about dehydration, I said this is not a dehydrated woman, we have to stop with that…there has to be another diagnosis. They put an IV in her. They gave her another liter of saline and it was just so frustrating. And we finally got to the hospital when Blauna was born and the doctors ran a test and she has listeria. And had we known that the whole thing could have been prevented and I don’t blame anybody, but it was very frustrating to just keep being told dehydration."

Back when ASilva was champ, Sonnen was the Anti-Christ to Spider fans worldwide. But today, love him or hate him, you have to feel for the guy. Anyone who has lost a child can understand/ relate.

R.I.P Blauna Sonnen

Can't imagine what he and his family went through, yea, sometimes doctors can be pretty damn wrong. I had a family member almost die because a doctor didn't know what pneumonia was.

RIP to his young daughter.

Also anyone who posts some dumb shit in here should be banned immediately imo

Last edited:
“Brittany was sick and we kept going to the doctors, we were at three different emergency rooms and four doctors in total. And they kept telling us it’s dehydration and they kept putting an IV in her and rehydrating her and finally I had to get big and strong and I told the doctor, look nobody knows more about hydration than me not even you doctors you guys don’t ever see dehydration. I come from the one and only field where you have to make weight before you can do your job. If you tried to weigh anybody in any other form of society before you let them work you’d be sued, I know all about dehydration, I wrote a book about dehydration, I said this is not a dehydrated woman, we have to stop with that…there has to be another diagnosis. They put an IV in her. They gave her another liter of saline and it was just so frustrating. And we finally got to the hospital when Blauna was born and the doctors ran a test and she has listeria. And had we known that the whole thing could have been prevented and I don’t blame anybody, but it was very frustrating to just keep being told dehydration."

Back when ASilva was champ, Sonnen was the Anti-Christ to Spider fans worldwide. But today, love him or hate him, you have to feel for the guy. Anyone who has lost a child can understand/ relate.

R.I.P Blauna Sonnen
I honestly don't know the story,did his daughter die from a direct cause of doctor neglect?

RIP. Sonnen is a strong fucker. I've always rooted against him but came to really like him after he was gone for so long.

We lost our 1st 2 babies and its the hardest thing my wife and I have even been through. We were blessed on our 3 try and have an amazing 4 year old son the reminds me every day that he's the best, Dada is the greatest and Mommy is the craziest. I remember after losing our 2nd one that my wife and I decided that we were never going to try again. I m glad we did and I hope Chael doesnt let this mishap stop his families growth.

A lot of people think that losing a child before birth isnt as hard as losing them after. This is true to a certain point. For us it was the most painful thing a we've ever had to encounter

Last edited:
I honestly don't know the story,did his daughter die from a direct cause of doctor neglect?

She died from Listeria which is a pretty uncommon disease from what he said before on the podcast one time. He said the doctors hadn't seen a case in 20 years or something ridiculous.

The thought of losing your own child is heartbreaking. I've been a Chael fan for a while but I've been rooting extra hard for him to beat Tito since this happened

This is the only time I've seen him crack. This was recent, too.

Fuck, just makes you think back to the Anderson fight and how close he was, got to love Chael.

She died from Listeria which is a pretty uncommon disease from what he said before on the podcast one time. He said the doctors hadn't seen a case in 20 years or something ridiculous.

The thought of losing your own child is heartbreaking. I've been a Chael fan for a while but I've been rooting extra hard for him to beat Tito since this happened
As a father i could not fathom losing a child.I don't even like to say/write it tbh!This is different than liking or not liking the fighter,it's hard not to feel for him as a father.Must be brutal to try to move on from.

We lost our 1st 2 babies and its the hardest thing my wife and I have even been through. We were blessed on our 3 try and have an amazing 4 year old son the reminds me every day that he's the best, Dada is the greatest and Mommy is the craziest. I remember after losing our 2nd one that my wife and I decided that we were never going to try again. I m glad we did and I hope Chael doesnt let this mishap stop his families growth.

A lot of people think that losing a child before birth isnt as hard as losing them before. This is true to a certain point. For us it was the most painful thing a we've ever had to encounter
Could not even imagine.You & your wife continued on and now you've a beautiful child...bless.

I feel bad for him and his daughter, may God help him with this trials in life. Losing a child is the most painful thing that can happen to a parent.

Back