GLORY vs UFC

rebell

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Which GLORY fighters with an MMA background could you see successful in the UFC against champions in their respective divisions?

Personally, I see Israel Adesanya successful against Michael Bisping, 9-0 with all finishes, just a complete freak of nature.

Well. most of them that could at least keep it on feet would maul UFC fighters, no MMA background necessary.

That said they have guys like Guto Inocente and Pat Barry that didn't do that well in the UFC...

No one without at least a few years of MMA experience. The worst wrestler in the UFC would take any kickboxer down and finish him within a round.

No one without at least a few years of MMA experience. The worst wrestler in the UFC would take any kickboxer down and finish him within a round.
Using a fighter like Tyrone Spong (I'm aware he isn't fighting for GLORY) as an example, this man trains with MMA fighters almost daily at Blackzillians (pre Blackzillians break up). I dont see Tyrone beating Cormier or Stipe but he could potentially clown many others in those divisions.

Personally, I see Israel Adesanya successful against Michael Bisping, 9-0 with all finishes, just a complete freak of nature.
1oabza.jpg

Using a fighter like Tyrone Spong (I'm aware he isn't fighting for GLORY) as an example, this man trains with MMA fighters almost daily at Blackzillians (pre Blackzillians break up). I dont see Tyrone beating Cormier or Stipe but he could potentially clown many others in those divisions.

Yeah but he has been training MMA for years now at the Blackzillians. Most kickboxers have 0 or close to 0 experience. He had also 2 MMA fights. Then there are guys like badr hari who had like 1 or 2 MMA fights but didn't do well and probably haven't trained MMA a lot and even they have more MMA experience than many kickboxers.

The most high level strikers in MMA are in female MMA with some real world class female strikers competing in the UFC

Back