Newbie rule question

AndyChow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello. I've read the rules of MMA, but had a few specific questions.

1) Can you "yank" your opponent? Example, grabbing your opponents wrist, and yanking him in the opposite direction.

2) Is intentional dislocation of arms, shoulders, knees legal?

3) Is intentional tearing of tendons legal?

4) Is "squeezing" with your fingers legal? Example, someone having you in a headlock, you squeezing a fold of skin on the forearm and "yanking" it.

5) Is stomping legal? Example, jumping on a grounded opponent and landing on his ribs.

I've mostly seen what things you "can't" do in the rules, only the fifth one was addressed and said "not to the head", but didn't specify my scenario. Answers seemed to say yes and no on body stomping depending on who answered.

I'm a total newbie, sorry if my questions sound dumb.

1) Can you "yank" your opponent? Example, grabbing your opponents wrist, and yanking him in the opposite direction.

4) Is "squeezing" with your fingers legal? Example, someone having you in a headlock, you squeezing a fold of skin on the forearm and "yanking" it.

5) Is stomping legal? Example, jumping on a grounded opponent and landing on his ribs.

I've mostly seen what things you "can't" do in the rules, only the fifth one was addressed and said "not to the head", but didn't specify my scenario. Answers seemed to say yes and no on body stomping depending on who answered.

You have some sort of breaking tendons and bones fetish?

1)Yes I think you mean wristlock)but you cant grab inside the glove.
2)yes (watch jones vs glover)but small joint manipulation is not allowed
3) how would u do that?
4 no
5)No. stomping on grounded fighter is not allowed

Last edited:
{<huh}

What's with your questions?

Dislocating arms? Shoulders?

Tearing tendons?

They are fighting human beings not Raptors.

<41>

4 no for sure. No small joint manipulation. 1,2,3 and 5 are alright from what I've seen.
stomping on a grounded opponent is not allowed. many people dont know that but thats how it is. altough you can stomp someones foot when they are standing

You can yank on an opponents wrist, just don't grab the glove or insert your fingers into the opening to pull your opponents defenses down and punch them repeatedly in the face until they are almost knocked out, only to later complain that your opponent sat on the stool too long from the illegal punches he took.

You can do all but #5 but you can oblique kick knee caps out of place to your heart's content. Eye pokes and groin kicks are also tolerable at least once or twice per fight without any real hindrance to the perpetrator.

Number 4 would be a pressure point no?
I have always wondered about these as Im really good at them..

Can you drive your index finger into the back of someones leg ( Knee..?)

Can you tickle someone to submission?

nipple cripple?

Squeezing with fingers, lol just say pinching man. And men don't pinch.

Sensei seagal has signed up for sherdog.

People are getting #4 mixed up,he's not talking about small joint manipulation,he's talking about pinching (lol).

Guess what happens when you getting choked and u try to pinch skin. You'rez getting choked even harder.
You're better off trying to actually defend the choke instead of pinching. ;)

There is the legend of a martial arts school that teaches primarily nut punches, groin kicks, sack squeeze, throat punch, ear pull, eye pokes, titty twister and yes pinching, spitting, hair pulling and indian burns.

Legends says there was three masters and a forth called Shemp.

Probably just myth.

1 and 2 are fine, 3 is kind of strange but would come with 2 (not sure how you could target a tendon specifically though)

4 and 5 are illegal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back