Fight of the Year Bonus.

Mr. Danger Waffles

Gambling Money Has No Home.
@Green
Reaction score
How much better would the fights be, if their pay was more performance based?

So, I recently read a thread about: Conor vs Diaz 2 Vs. Lawler vs Rory, and It was hard for me to figure why the pay difference was so great. What I’m suggesting will not be the end all be all, but I feel as though it will help and even out the pay differences and also deliver more interesting fights. I understand that the reason Conor vs Diaz made so much money, was through PPV’s, and the Hype surrounding the knowing that it would be a good fight. To me this is more evidence that the product, MMA, would get better if the Pay was greater.

I think the UFC needs to incentivize more. This would bring better fights, and fighters.

1. To me, I don’t care one way or the other who it is…. If it’s a great fight, I’ll watch it. Casuals can go to hell.
2. Fight Pass. The UFC plays old fights on it, and I’m sure Robbie vs Rory is one of the most watched out of all. They will always make money on people watching old fights.
3. If you said: The top 5 fights of the year, No hyped fights given preference, would receive $100,000 at the end of the year. The 10 after that receive $50,000, and the 20 after that would receive $25,000 per fighter. We would have a better product.

They get that sweet sweet Reebok gear. That is all the incentive they need.

I had a similar thought after watching Rizin awhile back and seeing someone win a year supply of Cup Noodles:

What's not to love? Two women fought for a year supply of Cup Noodle.

Can you imagine the possibilities if UFC incentivized fighters with year supplies of their favorite things?

Bucket o' Chicken Cormier would be an unstoppable force.

Make it happen, UFC

original thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...t-from-ufc-fans.3353963/page-3#post-121934411

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back