Not the First Ezekiel Choke in the UFC

Como se dice uppercut

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was at the UFC fight night on Sunday and witnessed what was one of the most spectacular sumissions I've seen in person. However this was not the first ezekiel choke in the UFC. Remco Pardoel finished his opponent by an ezekiel choke way back at UFC 7. Granted he was in a full gi, in the mount, and not wearing any gloves this was the first ever finish by an ezekiel choke. Major props to Oleinik though! One of the best sumissions of all time! I've never seen anyone tap while in the full mount.

I was at the UFC fight night on Sunday and witnessed what was one of the most spectacular sumissions I've seen in person. However this was not the first ezekiel choke in the UFC. Remco Pardoel finished his opponent by an ezekiel choke way back at UFC 7. Granted he was in a full gi, in the mount, and not wearing any gloves this was the first ever finish by an ezekiel choke. Major props to Oleinik though! One of the best sumissions of all time! I've never seen anyone tap while in the full mount.
Not all that spectacular for Aleksei though, as 10 of his 51 wins have been from Ezekiel choke. Just another day at the office for him.

It was classified as a Lapel Choke. So were the two that Royce pulled off at UFC 2.

Yea, there was another thread discussing this.

I never saw that fight because they didn't show it on the old VHS. The only prelim fight they showed was Gracie vs Ichihara.

I guess it's a technicality like some people call it Brabo w a gi, and d'Arce without the gi.

Back