Who Should Cerrone Fight after Masvidal?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Win or lose.

He hasn't been a top contender at WW, or at LW for quite some time, so he obviously does not deserve a title shot, especially over Maia or anyone else.

I say if he loses to Masvidal, he should fight Magny, and if he wins, grant his wish for Lawler, or Lorenz Larkin, as he destroyed Magny last year.

What are your thoughts?

If Masvidal comes in aggressive, he should get the win.
A very exciting fight.
If Cerrone wins, I can't imagine how they could deny him a shot at the title.
It is the UFC... to quote the goof, we will have to see

If he wins give him Demian for #1 contender.

If he loses feed him Plastic Mike.

the asian kid from the goonies

short-round-indy.png

Agree that a Matt Brown rematch would be good if he loses just so we can have an entertaining fight if nothing else, maybe Tim Means for the same reason or Erick Silva

If he wins give him Magny Larkin or Condit (if he isn't retired for good)

If Masvidal comes in aggressive, he should get the win.
A very exciting fight.
If Cerrone wins, I can't imagine how they could deny him a shot at the title.
It is the UFC... to quote the goof, we will have to see
I know the UFC likes Cowboy, but Cote, Story, Masvidal and Brown have never been top contenders lol, not close. Maia would strangle him

If he wins give him Demian for #1 contender.

If he loses feed him Plastic Mike.
I think maia has already earned the next title shot, he shouldn't have to fight anyone.

Agree that a Matt Brown rematch would be good if he loses just so we can have an entertaining fight if nothing else, maybe Tim Means for the same reason or Erick Silva

If he wins give him Magny Larkin or Condit (if he isn't retired for good)
Condit vs Cowboy would be awesome but I don't know if it is feasible because they both train at Jackson Wink.

I think maia has already earned the next title shot, he shouldn't have to fight anyone.

Woodley/Wonderboy winner will defend against Conor while Maia dies of old age.

Maia's last fight was 5 months ago. The WW belt isn't happening for another 2 months. So it'll be a minimum of 11 months until he would get to fight for the belt. Most likely more than that.

And if Woodley wins with how he acts who knows.

Meanwhile if Cerrone fights Lawler and wins in that time he might get it. Maia's last fight was the lowest ratings the show had gotten in a long time, he's not a draw. You know damn well that's all that matters to the UFC. If Cerrone beats Masvidal then KO's lawler I'd pretty much guarentee he'd get the title shot over 40 year old sitting around Maia. Not to mention the Conor factor.

Dunno why Maia fans are so scared of him taking another fight. Good chance their boy gets passed by.

Win or lose.

He hasn't been a top contender at WW, or at LW for quite some time, so he obviously does not deserve a title shot, especially over Maia or anyone else.

I say if he loses to Masvidal, he should fight Magny, and if he wins, grant his wish for Lawler, or Lorenz Larkin, as he destroyed Magny last year.

What are your thoughts?
He should fight Mike Perry

Back