Tyrun: Fights to show I'm the best WW ever.

The Chosen Run

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
“There are about five or six fights in my career that, I really think are the fights to show I’m the best welterweight ever,” Woodley said. “Obviously a rematch with [Thompson] at some point is one of those fights. Also Demian Maia is one, he’s caught in a holster and he is deserving. You think about the Diaz brothers, you think about Conor, you think about Georges St-Pierre, all of them are big fights.” -Tyrun

So let me make sure I follow. To solidify his legacy, he feels he needs to face:

Thompson- who he drew with, yet doesn't feel obligated to fight next.
Maia- who is a favorable matchup for him.
GSP- who has been retired for over 3 years after being abducted by aliens.
Nick Diaz- who is 1-2-1 in last 5yrs 3mos. Has 1 UFC win since 2006
Nate Diaz- 3-2 at WW, with one win coming against the then FW Champion at the WW limit.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid Tyrun is serving. And not just because it's made with Ferguson water.

g6_RoA.gif

making an account to paradoy woodleys name, then posting about him shows you are a fan

On one hand, he really beat the golden boy (Thompson)

-- I had my doubts. He really beat him and reversed all of that momentum of getting ousted from his roost. That's commendable.

On the other hand, I don't think he really has improved from the MacDonald fight. He still makes baffling decisions and exhibits an extremely low ring IQ.

The guy who sat our for a title shot, and wants to fight LWs and MWs?

Woodley should know that rematching the same person over and over again could actually get him GOAT status. Look at Cain.

“There are about five or six fights in my career that, I really think are the fights to show I’m the best welterweight ever,” Woodley said. “Obviously a rematch with [Thompson] at some point is one of those fights. Also Demian Maia is one, he’s caught in a holster and he is deserving. You think about the Diaz brothers, you think about Conor, you think about Georges St-Pierre, all of them are big fights.” -Tyrun

So let me make sure I follow. To solidify his legacy, he feels he needs to face:

Thompson- who he drew with, yet doesn't feel obligated to fight next.
Maia- who is a favorable matchup for him.
GSP- who has been retired for over 3 years after being abducted by aliens.
Nick Diaz- who is 1-2-1 in last 5yrs 3mos. Has 1 UFC win since 2006
Nate Diaz- 3-2 at WW, with one win coming against the then FW Champion at the WW limit.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid Tyrun is serving. And not just because it's made with Ferguson water.

Oh ok, so... who should have to face then... Please enlighten us...

Tyrun will never be considered the best of any division.

so much racism in this thread. smh

Back