Hate when refs say, "Get your toes out the fence.."

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What a dumb rule. They're fucking toes man.

i hate it when toes get in my face

9zf60iK.gif

Anthony Pettis should have been DQ'd for grabbing the fence with his kick.

GTfUHgH.gif

It actually is a pet peeve of mine. I hate it. You can only barely "grab" anything with your toes. I hate when the ref talks at all.

It actually is a pet peeve of mine. I hate it. You can only barely "grab" anything with your toes. I hate when the ref talks at all.
your toe can get fucked up if you're holding the fence with it and the opponent yanks you off

fighter safety I guess

your toe can get fucked up if you're holding the fence with it and the opponent yanks you off

fighter safety I guess
That's not the reason behind the rule. Your fingers or toes can go through the fence, the grabbing makes it illegal.

Unified Rules said:
15. Holding or grabbing the fence or ropes with fingers or toes: A fighter may put their hands or feet on the fence and push off of it at anytime. A fighter may place their hands or feet onto the cage and have their fingers or toes go through the fencing material at any time. When a fighter's fingers or toes go through the cage and grab hold of the fence and start to control either their body position or their opponent's body position it now becomes an ILLEGAL action

http://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/unified_rules_fouls_rev0816.pdf

This is an example of what could happen (especially when Yamasaki is the ref)

EllipticalLameCusimanse.gif

That's not the reason behind the rule. Your fingers or toes can go through the fence, the grabbing makes it illegal.

This is an example of what could happen (especially when Yamasaki is the ref)

EllipticalLameCusimanse.gif
thats why I said holding the fence with it

you gotta be careful with toes these days

Back