Joe Lauzon being cool with Marcin Held after the fight

Lauzon may have been the most honest I have EVER seen a fighter in the interview after that fight.

Straight up said the judges got it wrong.

Kudos for his honesty. He is a good guy.

Lauzon may have been the most honest I have EVER seen a fighter in the interview after that fight.

Was refreshing

Most fighters are delusional and think they won even when they clearly lost

Fair play to him, that decision was one of the worst in ufc history

Was refreshing

Most fighters are delusional and think they won even when they clearly lost

Fair play to him, that decision was one of the worst in ufc history
Like Melendez walking with his hands up like he got the victory after getting destroyed by Barboza.

New guy?

And he's 0-2 and last fight was a robbery

Damn

WME wont care and probably cut him if he loses his next fight
Hope he wins his next fight

Everyone including Cecil Peoples and Ray Charles knew Joe lost badly

I wouldn't say it was the worst decision in history, but it was pretty clearly Helds win. Props to Lauzon I always did admire the guy. His stock just went up in my book. The bad part is it won't help Held at all. Still a loss in the record book. Wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Dana let him (Held) go after 2 loses.

yeah i'm an even bigger fan of his now - totally cool how honest he was.

yeah i'm an even bigger fan of his now - totally cool how honest he was.

Me too.

First time I've ever seen a fighter who was awarded the decision say they KNEW the other guy deserved to win.

Pure class on his part.

The bad part is it won't help Held at all. Still a loss in the record book. Wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Dana let him (Held) go after 2 loses.
now that would surprise the hell out of me. I think it's more likely that dana will put it in the category of "held clearly won that fight, the judges are insane, we're counting it as a win" - he's done that plenty of times before with obviously bogus decisions.

unless he already has a bone to pick with said fighter, like if he considers him boring or something - in which case any excuse to cut will do. :)

Me too.

First time I've ever seen a fighter who was awarded the decision say they KNEW the other guy deserved to win.

Pure class on his part.
yup i was saying the same thing, that i'd never seen that before. someone in another thread said rampage did it with machida, but i couldn't remember.

now that would surprise the hell out of me. I think it's more likely that dana will put it in the category of "held clearly won that fight, the judges are insane, we're counting it as a win" - he's done that plenty of times before with obviously bogus decisions.

unless he already has a bone to pick with said fighter, like if he considers him boring or something - in which case any excuse to cut will do. :)
Lol, at this. I'm pretty sure Dana counted at least 2 or 3 of Fitch's wins as losses, because he was cut quick as fuck as soon as he lost.

Lots of respect for Joe. He is really going out of his way for this guy.

Joe: "I thought you won. Don't worry, they're (the UFC) going to keep you around.

Marcin: "I was woried because that's my second fight and my second loss in the UFC"

Joe: " I'm gonna call them. Don't worry"

Great guy Joe.

Joe being Joe. He's always been a straight shooter, no bullshit with that guy.

Lol, at this. I'm pretty sure Dana counted at least 2 or 3 of Fitch's wins as losses, because he was cut quick as fuck as soon as he lost.
did you read the 2nd part of what I wrote?? yes, like I said, totally depends on whether they want the fighter around or not.

but unless it's a fitch situation (which is extreme), a decision that off the wall usually won't be held against someone.

Is this surprising to people? Lauzon has always been a classy, cool dude. Has been one of my favorite fighters since he was on TUF.

Back