When I landed... I saw in her eyes she was done - Amanda Lourenço Nunes

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I think it was ego. I knew she was gonna try to strike with me and I think that was the completely wrong strategy to fight a girl like me…

“When I landed I saw, in that moment I saw in her eyes she was done. That [first punch] was the moment that I saw something. Like scared; scared if I connect the other hand because it was the jab.”

Hell, I seen the same look in Rotund Ronda's face watching the PPV at home......the first strike Nunes connected with - Ronda's eyes said, "Oh shit!! What have I done!"

I knew Ronda was done too after the first punch shattered that glass chin.

true, but Amanda Nunes is being overrated. She literally walked forward throwing 1-2s
. It is unwise to pretend that she's some evolution of WMMA, the technical level is still very low and she can be beaten anytime

true, but Amanda Nunes is being overrated. She literally walked forward throwing 1-2s
. It is unwise to pretend that she's some evolution of WMMA, the technical level is still very low and she can be beaten anytime
Evolution in every part of MMA is overrated, WMMA or men's MMA. The most "evolved" thing in the last 10 years has been weight cutting.

And no shit anybody can be beaten anytime, but there's nothing wrong with walking forward throwing 1-2's if it works for a fighter. Hendo a male fighter does no better.

Meh, that's the same tired line people have been using for years. I'm sure Palhares "knew" that Dan Miller was done when he floored him which is why he jumped up on the cage.

All hail the queens…

34243_amanda-nunes-pareja.jpg

Nunes won't fight men. Really, Cain is ripe for the picking.

Evolution in every part of MMA is overrated, WMMA or men's MMA. The most "evolved" thing in the last 10 years has been weight cutting.

And no shit anybody can be beaten anytime, but there's nothing wrong with walking forward throwing 1-2's if it works for a fighter. Hendo a male fighter does no better.

100% agree!

More fighters are a little more well rounded but thats about it.

Will Nunes ever have a thread that doesn't revolve around her talking about Rousey?

Back