Cerrone Diaz Rematch (Hypothetical)

Donkey Kong

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
If one were to happen what do you think the outcome would be? Diaz completely schooled Cerrone in the fight 6 years ago but Cerrone looks like a completely different fighter these days. On the other hand Diaz hasn't really changed much but has probably improved in his boxing after the Conor fights. I think Cerrone has the tools to beat Nate if they fought again he just seems like the more complete fighter. Your thoughts?

I'd say Cerrone finds a new way to flop again

This would be a good candidate for a fight to make, yes.

There's $20 million reasons this rematch would never take place.

But if it did, I got cowboy.

diaz+cerrone+flip+off.gif

Cerrone still hasn't improved his head movement much so it'll go the same way imo. Diaz has a significant reach advantage too if I'm not mistaken which gives Cerrone problems

I'd just like to say... I can't believe that fight was 6 fucking years ago.

If Cerrone primarily uses leg kicks which he's insanely good at, he'll probably win. If he gets baited into a boxing match again, he'll get fucking destroyed.

Cerrone still hasn't improved his head movement much so it'll go the same way imo. Diaz has a significant reach advantage too if I'm not mistaken which gives Cerrone problems
Thats true but the blueprint to beat Nate is the RDA fight and second Conor fight. I think Cowboy and his trainers are capable of emulating that.

Cowboy has said numerous times that Diaz got in his head. That's why he went against the game plan and tried to knock his head off.

I like Diaz, but I feel like Cowboy would demolish that front leg. There is a tried and true way of beating Nate, and that is Front Inside/Outside leg kicks. Reference RDA
tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif

Cowboy of the past did not gameplan. Nate is a great fighter, but this fight is completely winnable for Cerrone. If he uses his kicks well and mixes in a few takedowns, he can easily UD Diaz. Of course, there's always the possibility that Donald does not show up.

The main point here is that the outcome of the fight is really up to Cowboy.

Smart cowboy wins all day. Leg kicks on the lead leg to slow him down and keep him at bay - Mix in the occasional head kick to keep nate guessing, and maybe snag a knockdown to boot. Stabbing front teep into his guts for space as well. Utilise the check knee much more often, making nate hesitant to rush in for those volume flurries.

Most important - Setup his punches with kicks! No straight boxing match!

Cowboy has the chin to handle the inevitable punches nate sneaks in, so I think if he follows his game plan and starts off R1 at a good pace so he isn't overwhelmed early in the first he can do this 9/10 times

i think id still favor diaz tbh.

both have improved but diaz is just one of those guys that matches up well with cerrone, has his height and length, retard durability, better boxing and a bit better BJJ.

cerrone would have to wrestle or start with leg kicks right off the bat.

Back