Shogun about Villante: "Hes a great athlete, its gonna be a tough fight"

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"We do not choose opponents. The UFC suggests, and we accept. But of course I prefer to fight guys like him, who likes to "fight", than guys who like to stall. I'm happy with this fight, I know it's going to be tough, he's a guy who deserves all the respect, he's a great athlete. Its not even the better match up, but it's a style that lets you do your game too. There are other guys that like to stall, do an anti-game, so I do not like it. If I win, anyway, it will be great. I seek so much the victory (by knockout) that it ends up giving the opponent an opening and giving the guy more chances, so sometimes playing a little bit safer is better. That's what I think, I think of winning anyway. It will be great"

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...a-villante-sei-que-vai-ser-uma-luta-dura.html

I love Shogun but I'm ready for him to take his final bow and get out while he still can.

Get the KO and retire my man!

I think Shogun can win this besides his glass jaw. Damn Shogun please put Villante to sleep early on the fight

Corey "Anti-game" Anderson

Shogun is still beastin' 25/8 though, I think Shogun gets the KO

Meaning , he is a great fighter , and I am close to retirement , so he's gonna beat me propably.

Shogun is real, there isn't anything fake about him. He doesn't have to hate you to brutally knock you out. He knows it's the life the've signed up for.

I think Shogun can win this besides his glass jaw. Damn Shogun please put Villante to sleep early on the fight
Never thought I'd see the day when somebody said shogun has a glass jaw.

Watching Shogun fight hasn't been the same since he lost to Chael. That was the one that took all the wind out of my sails as a Shogun fan. I hope he gets a win and rides off into the sunset.

Meaning , he is a great fighter , and I am close to retirement , so he's gonna beat me propably.
Nah, not to bash Vilante but he's a fringe top 20, and I like Shoguns chances, even the washed up Shogun.

Never thought I'd see the day when somebody said shogun has a glass jaw.
Too many wars imo Shogun is a legend that fights since 98' or less. His chin is done and his knees are fucked. He should retire after this fight

Back