Where'd Lombard vs Tavares go?

padda

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Had an update on pick em that this fight has been removed from the upcoming UFC card. Anyone know what happened, or if it's been rescheduled?

Haven't come across any obvious articles about the cancellation, but spotted on Bloody Elbow that Lombard is scheduled for a grappling event this weekend, so clearly isn't injured.

If Tavares is out with injury I'm surprised they couldn't find a short notice generic middleweight to fill - there are plenty of them.

someone posted in another thread that rumour is Lombard vs. Hendricks will be headlining the Halifax card, as UFC can't get anyone to replace Struve to face JDS.

someone posted in another thread that rumour is Lombard vs. Hendricks will be headlining the Halifax card, as UFC can't get anyone to replace Struve to face JDS.

seems like a fight where the loser leaves town.

seems like a fight where the loser leaves town.

I am already printing up the "going away" banners and ordering the cake.

Maybe both should just go to Rizin...Hector can roid up real good, and Hendricks can take whatever he needs to compensate for his love of food and still make WW.

Im glad the fight is scrapped id prefer to see Tavares face Hall and Lombard v Alvey

Lombard vs. Hendricks will be headlining the Halifax card

Hector Lombard 0-2 post-usada
Johny Hendricks 0-3 post-usada

yeh, that really looks like a headline quality fight :')

theres no way they put two guys with a combined 0-5 record in the last 18 months, headling a card

theres no way they put two guys with a combined 0-5 record in the last 18 months, headling a card

And with the rest of that card? I know its just a Fight Night card, but that might be the first one I just skip completely.

Seriously, the only interesting fight on that card to me is Esparza v Markos and that's a women's strawweight fight and the first fight on the card....Just lol.

rumour is Lombard vs. Hendricks will be headlining the Halifax card.

Thanks for the tip. Find it weird when they do those kind of matches where the two fighters used to both compete in a different division but get matched up in the new one, like when Nate the great and Lombard both dropped from MW to WW to get a size advantage, but faced each other straight away.

I don't really see what Hendricks has over Lombard in this one, but would deffo watch despite the losing streaks. Records aren't everything, and I think both these guys have had a few tough breaks. Would loved to have seen Lombard vs silva though.

It's been a shame seeing Lombard pull a Reem lately. Especially as I'm a fan of Reem too.

Thanks for the tip. Find it weird when they do those kind of matches where the two fighters used to both compete in a different division but get matched up in the new one, like when Nate the great and Lombard both dropped from MW to WW to get a size advantage, but faced each other straight away.

I don't really see what Hendricks has over Lombard in this one, but would deffo watch despite the losing streaks. Records aren't everything, and I think both these guys have had a few tough breaks. Would loved to have seen Lombard vs silva though.

It's been a shame seeing Lombard pull a Reem lately. Especially as I'm a fan of Reem too.

for years it looks like Lombard and Gegard were the two guys most capable of threatening Silva at 185, if only they would sign with the UFC. here we are, years later and long after both did join, but those fights unfortunately never happened (and likely never will).

at 170, I'd have picked Hendricks to outwork Hector...at 185, I think it is a closer fight, but I would go with Lombard here too.

I agree it is not worthy of main-even status...but, looking at the rest of the card, how could that NOT be the headliner? lol

I certainly hope the UFC is working on adding a better main even...but, six weeks out, I would not be super optimistic. I guess they could try to move a fight forward/back from another card, perhaps...?

Lombard is gonna be in SUG 3 against Gary Tonon. dunno if that has any impact on his UFC fight.

Lombard is gonna be in SUG 3 against Gary Tonon. dunno if that has any impact on his UFC fight.

Tonon? Jesus that's a terrible matchup...for Lombard.

Back