Why does Jon Jones have more fans than Daniel Cormier?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
If Woodley wore a chain and acted more ghetto would he be popular?

People like fighters that remind them of themselves, so scummy fans like jones.

That is literally the only reason i can think someone would be a fan and support him.

assholes stick together...same reason incest loving racist retard Donald Tramp won

If Woodley would drop the race baiting crap I'd be a fan. I don't even mind him trying to get "money fights" since who doesn't want more money. Everything else he says besides those two I generally agree with.

Cuz he dropped Machida like a sack of potatoes with a standing choke. No fighter has that kind of talent.

I'm the only Jones fan on here, he has lost so many fans. No one like DC because he is the only one capable of beating Jones even with him juicing.

Because Jones was a prodigy who beat up big names with ease. People like young exceptional talent. DC came into MMA at 30 and has been on top for much less time. Inactive as well. Jones was more popular than DC before his escapades. Also helps when Rosario Dawson is hyping you up.

Last edited:
Jokes aside, casual fans may not be aware of ALL the negatives that Jones has been involved in, they just see highlight reels and his appearance and think he's awesome. On top of that, Cormier is pretty boring and you don't see him doing much outside of MMA related activities (whereas Jones was doing Bud Light commercials etc).

MMA fans look at things way different than the casual fan would, and they know a lot more about what's going on, which, for better or worse, can form a different opinion.

Jones is our local dealer

Entered thread expecting coach Greg to get all the credit.

he's more colorful. why do fans like Charles Barkley and Bill Fucking Walton?

Chael discussed this in a podcast once. he said "it doesn't make any sense that when Jon Jones says "i've been sober 6 weeks, give me a chance" and people cheered, and when Cormier responded with "6 weeks?!? I've been sober 30 years!!!" and people boo'd. it makes no sense, because who fans tend to like makes no sense. so just be yourself and let the chips fall. because one thing fans won't fall for is when you try too hard to be something you're not." take from that what you will.

Because Jon is way better. And Cormier can't pronounce an 'O' sound without sounding retarded.

Back