Rumor: Johny Hendricks vs. Hector Lombard as new Halifax Main Event.

please tell me this isn't a main even lmao.

At this point its a solid fight for a prelim headliner or at best the first fight on a ppv main card

That's actually...intriguing.

I mean, they're both irrelevant in the landscape of whatever weight class they're fighting in, I'm guessing mw for this bout, but it could be entertaining as they're heavy hitters with exceptional grappling chops.

What a horrible main event and card lmao. Should be cancelled.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...ara-struve-e-cigano-deixa-card-do-canada.html

SIR

Kind of lame to not get a replacement to face JDS, despite nearly six weeks from injury announcement until the event. I guess the organization subscribes to the adage that "anything can happen" in the heavyweight division and they are too vested in Dos Santos' career to risk the chance of him losing to someone they have no intention of promoting. Despite the punishment absorbed during the second and third Velasquez fights and the grueling bout with Miocic, he should still be in his prime. I hate seeing him fight just once a year over the past three years.

Crude Brazilian Portuguese to English translation

UFC can not substitute for Struve, and Cigano leaves Canada card

Brazilian now awaits the organization to mark a new date for his return

The Ultimate tried but could not find an opponent to replace Stefan Struve in the main UFC Halifax fight, set for February 19th. With that, Junior Cigano is out of the event and awaits a new date for the confrontation, while the organization negotiates a new main fight for the card of Canada, according to Combate.com.

One of the names that received a proposal to face Cigano was Fabricio Werdum, who declined the duel, as he had already done at UFC 207, when asked to receive a higher value to face his compatriot, after Cain Velásquez was removed from the card on the 30th of December.

The report also found that Ultimate works with the possibility of scoring Hector Lombard vs. Johny Hendricks as the main fight for UFC Halifax by the midweight (up to 84kg). However, there is still no confirmation from the athletes.

UFC Halifax
February 19, in Halifax (CAN)
EVENT CARD (so far):
Middleweight: Thiago Marreta vs. Jack Marshman
Middleweight: Cezar Mutante x Elias Theodorou
Lightweight: Alvaro Herrera x Alessandro Ricci
Welterweight: Nordine Taleb x Santiago Ponzinibbio
Bantamweight: Reginaldo Vieira vs Aiemann Zahabi
Women's Strawweight: Carla Esparza vs. Randa Markos

Last edited:
Hendricks vs JDS. Pig Rig can make the weight.

LOL...

Hendricks is pretty much public enemy number 1, in Canada.

I hope he gets knocked the fuck out.

MW...

He won't make weight if he starts hitting up the poutine.

at least one of them will be KO'd

noooooooooooooooooo JDS vs Struve made no sense but still why didn't someone step up =(
giphy.gif

All ducking Junior.
You should be happy, this could very well mean Miocic vs JDS II or at least, Werdum vs JDS II.

Fuck this Struve fight.

Can't stand either guy.

I'm hoping for a double KO. And I want Shonie Carter reffing.

giphy.gif

Blatant duck by Werdum who is injure free but won't face JDS

wtf, hendricks hasn't been fired yet??

I hope lombard KTFO him, then

Who would want to face JDS?

Only Cain is a bad matchup.

Even Overeem who beat JDS most likely would not want a rematch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back