Is BJ the king of failed expectations?

The Chosen Run

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
"Georges, I'm going to go to the death. I'm going to try to kill you and I'm not joking about this." -BJ Penn
Proceeds to quit on his stool between 4th and 5th round.

"It’s going to look like a professional against an amateur. That’s what’s going to happen, and Yair is going to be surprised, his coaches are going to be surprised." -BJ Penn
I'm sure they were surprised at how wrong Penn was.

"My whole goal right now is to just get that third world title,” Penn, coming off a two and a half year layoff, told MMA Fighting.

Any I'm missing? Anyone else worse at meeting expectations than Out-of-retirement BJ?

Ronda's was more funny

mike perry.

Yes, nobody expected him to smoke Hughes and win the title.

Someone high five me.

Nick+Diaz+Chokes+Out+Conor+McGregor+MMA

Probably that once in a lifetime athlete that could beat mayweather, cain, and most of the mens 135 division and who was dropping olympic boxers in training.

People expected her to retire undefeated anddddd then shes had 2 of the most embarrassing losses in mma history

Extreme weight cutting and his unwillingness to do so caught up with him. He'd fight guys much stronger than him because they'd be 20lbs heavier come fight night, more when he'd fight at WW since he'd usually fight there under weight.

"Georges, I'm going to go to the death. I'm going to try to kill you and I'm not joking about this." -BJ Penn
Proceeds to quit on his stool between 4th and 5th round.

"It’s going to look like a professional against an amateur. That’s what’s going to happen, and Yair is going to be surprised, his coaches are going to be surprised." -BJ Penn
I'm sure they were surprised at how wrong Penn was.

"My whole goal right now is to just get that third world title,” Penn, coming off a two and a half year layoff, told MMA Fighting.

Any I'm missing? Anyone else worse at meeting expectations than Out-of-retirement BJ?

He didn't quit on his stool. Rewatch it. The dr came in and checked his eyes and waved the fight off due to penns severe concussion.

Yup he sure did... 13 and 9 years ago.

You know, back when Yair was 11 years old.
Wtf does that have to do with anything? He still won the belts. If you're trying to make some point along the lines of "the game has changed"...I'll simply reply with "No, no it hasn't".

Probably that once in a lifetime athlete that could beat mayweather, cain, and most of the mens 135 division and who was dropping olympic boxers in training.

People expected her to retire undefeated anddddd then shes had 2 of the most embarrassing losses in mma history

Her second loss was not one of the top embarrassing losses in MMA history. People are only saying that because of who lost, not because of how she lost.

First one I agree though.

Mark Kerr

Arguably the best in the world by a long shot, but his mental game let him down big time.

Back