Anderson Silva vs Ernesto Hoost in K-1, who wins?

The bad boy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To me, this is the most intriguing match up in all of combat sports history.

Anderson Silva has competed at 6"2, 205 lbs, while Hoost was 6"4, 215 lbs, so size is clearly not a determining factor. In fact, smaller K1 heavyweights tended to fair better than the big boys because of the cardio advantage- if you gas out in K1, theres no takedown or panic grappling allowed.

anderson1.png

Everyone on here knows Anderson, so I can skip his bio. Hes the matrix, you goofs!

ernesto-hoost-Custom.png

Ernesto Hoost is a decorated Dutch kickboxer, warmly regarded as one of the greatest heavyweight strikers to ever compete. He certainly has his fair share of losses, but thats to be expected with 100 pro fights. He can truly never be counted out of a fight, as he has the potential to shut your lights off with a single flick of the wrist.

On paper, I would give the speed advantage to Anderson. The K1 ruleset would favor Hoost, as he's familiar with the larger gloves and methods of striking with opponents.

The more time I spend on the situation, the more the intangibles lean to our man Anderson. Anderson is known as a clutch player, a fighter who only seems to perform better, when the lights are brightest.

Just look at Andersons history. The guy has a whos-who of wins. For example, Chris "The CRIPPLER" Leben was absolutely TOOLED by Anderson. That guy was legit, he beat Wanderlei Silva, another incredibly technical striker. It's not like these are random bums from some reality show, so now theyre fighting. If anything, I'd say the UFC is deeper than K1 was in the 90s.

Wys1vEi.gif

And who can forget Andersons fight vs the Michael Jordan of Grappling, Travis Lutter? Or when Anderson destroyed the unstoppable James Irvin, who was on an incredible 2 win streak over the likes of Luiz Cane. Ill never forget these moments until my dying breaths, sherdog. The UFC was so STACKED full of talent, that I think a K1 heavyweight would shit his pants standing with these BEASTS.

And, if all that didnt win you over, what about his barnburning striking affair with K1 veteran Demian Maia? His KO of striking GOAT Forrest Griffin?

silva-griffin.gif

Sure, Hoost went 3/3 in K-1 over MMA's greatest striker Cro-Cop. You know, the guy who had to go to MMA because he couldnt win a K-1 title? But K-1 was shallow as hell, they didnt have A level athletes like Silva.

I suppose some might say that Hoost COULD win, and youre entitled to your (shitty, wrong) opinion. But after examining the options, theres only one reasonable choice: <{silvanormal}>

Hoost wins 99/100 matches, plus his victory dance is better than Andersons.

Ernesto Hoost would absolutely demolish Anderson in a K-1 rules Kickboxing match.

Awful troll thread. Hoost would beat Silva 99 times out of a 100 with great ease.

I have to go with the 4x K1 champion...Ernesto Hoost

Who is actually the guy who made Joanna a multiple MT/KB champion...

Chris Weidman outstruck Silva so the better question would be who would win in K1, Weidman or Hoost.

Same case can be made for Bisping.

Ernesto Hoost would absolutely demolish Anderson in a K-1 rules Kickboxing match.
THIS.

There is absolutely no question about it.

This is like the Conor fans claiming he'll beat Mayweather in a boxing match, only Hoost is bigger in size than Anderson as well.

TS.... either idiot or troll: both are unacceptable

In kickboxing Hoost would finish Silva inside of 2 minutes.

Well, Bisping just beat him with ease. Silva is a fragile dinosaur version of his former self. I await Jones to challenge him when he gets back given his history as the eye poke warrior and dinosaur crusher of the sport.

How about Tiger Woods vs Alex Rodriguez in a home run derby? Who takes it?

Ernesto would kick Anderson's legs into a living death.

Then he'd touch him with the jab.

I wish Anderson could stay young forever. He unlocked the secret to kung fu just like Master Oogway, when his fist touches you, your face gets broken... a la the James Irvin fight.

Back