Do all champions have a PPV points in their contract?

crofighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am not sure...I think not but want to make it clear...when you become champ do you get the share of PPV? Or they only give it to fighters they want? For instance...did Stipe get some piece of that cake when he beat Alistair?

Yep... The same goes if you headline a card. Like the Conor Vs Nate fight.

Edit: Apparently this is not the case.

no one here knows. some think yes, some think no. some may even have sources backing up their opinion. let's hope they add those sources.

Some champs have to have an event reach a certain number of PPV buys before they get a share.

Supposedly Aldo never sold enough PPV's to get a slice of the PPV money until Conor gave him that red panty night.

I imagine MM would be in a similar boat.

There are ppv points in championship contract but i think a minimum number of ppv buys is decided in contract and if their fight ppvs limit is passed, only then they get ppv points pay.

The new owners wouldn't know either.

Depends. Some would want a few hundred k +ppv%. Some would just ask for half a million or so without ppv points. Some are just too good and do both big guaranteed pay and PPV points.

Yep... The same goes if you headline a card. Like the Conor Vs Nate fight.

Edit: Apparently this is not the case.
Yea headliners don't get it. But they need to have their management negotiate harder or tell the UFC to go fuck themselves.

Back