Shevchenko vs Pena is not the real main event

FrontNakedChoke

Reaction score
I get that they are giving WMMA a push but that fight is not the real main event.

This is the card:

Shevchenko vs Pena
Cerrone vs Masvidal
Arlovski vs Ngannou
Caceres vs Knight
Marquardt vs Alvey
Assuncao vs Sterling

This is how I would arrange the card:

Cerrone vs Masvidal
Arlovski vs Ngannou
Shevchenko vs Pena
Assuncao vs Sterling
Caceres vs Knight
Marquardt vs Alvey

UFC_on_FOX_Denver.jpg

Shevchenko ranked #1 in the BW division
Pena ranked #2 in the BW division

its a #1 contender match, winner gets next title shot

Cowboy ranked #5 at Welterweight
Masvidal ranked #12 at Welterweight

its not a match of significance

Arlovski ranked #7 at Heavyweight
Ngannou ranked #12 at heavyweight

again, a match of no significance

Is it really that hard for people to work out..

Cerrone is 4-0 at WW. All stoppages.

Cerrone vs Masvidal is a great fight. More people care about that then the #1 contender fight for Amanda Nunes. I'm of the opinion that just because a fight has more significance to the division, doesn't make it the main event. Especially comparing Women's BW to Men's WW.

. I'm of the opinion that just because a fight has more significance to the division, doesn't make it the main event. Especially comparing Women's BW to Men's WW.

Your opinion is not one shared by the UFC clearly.

if it was #1 v #2 in any other mens division you would be fine with it being ahead of Cerrone/Masvidal

its purely because its two girls.

A number one contender match will pretty much ALWAYS be ahead of a match between fighters ranked 5 and 12

Your opinion is not one shared by the UFC clearly.

if it was #1 v #2 in any other mens division you would be fine with it being ahead of Cerrone/Masvidal

its purely because its two girls.

A number one contender match will pretty much ALWAYS be ahead of a match between fighters ranked 5 and 12

Clearly not, that's why I'm voicing it here.

It depends on the division and the fighters involved, but Cerrone vs Masvidal is the best fight on that card and the main reason why I'll be tuning it. Many other people feel the same way, I'm sure.

Arlovski vs Ngannou should be very interesting and it looks not good for Arlovski, rankings aside

RG0BS1U.gif

Cerrone via "Masvidal curse" decision

Cerrone is 4-0 at WW. All stoppages.

Cerrone vs Masvidal is a great fight. More people care about that then the #1 contender fight for Amanda Nunes. I'm of the opinion that just because a fight has more significance to the division, doesn't make it the main event. Especially comparing Women's BW to Men's WW.

More people care?????

Did you run some fucking study group to figure that out?

How about a pole on shershit here???? Where yet again the "hardcore" (trolls) fans will vote against any WMMA.

Fuck you

More people care?????

Did you run some fucking study group to figure that out?

How about a pole on shershit here???? Where yet again the "hardcore" (trolls) fans will vote against any WMMA.

Fuck you

It's self-evident. Neither one of the female competitors are notable. Neither one of them are more notable than Donald Cerrone. Neither one is as entertaining as Donald Cerrone, either. The fact that Shevchenko and Pena are ranked #1 and #2 respectively means absolutely nothing. It's a shit tier division, where anyone can climb to the top of the ranks off one or two wins.

Still have no idea why Cerrone would take that fight with Masvidal. Cerrone #5 against Masvidal who just broke into the top 15 bc ellenbergers toe got stuck.....hmmmm

Aside from the title significance it's also a Fox card and of late women headliners just get better viewing figures

Masvidal doesn't appeal to casuals, only hardcores. - default copy and pasted reply to this topic

It is the real main event but doesn't deserve to be. Cerrone has more wins in the past 2 years than these 2 have fights in the UFC.

Back