Jonathan Jones and his stand up defense.

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Alexander-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones7.jpg

Alexander-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones21.jpg

Alexander-Gustafsson-tr%C3%A4ffar-Jon-Jones--1-640x360.jpg

ufc165-alexander-gustafsson-jon-jones-foto-micha-forssberg2.jpg

images

josh-hedges-ufc-165-sept-21-2013-jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson.jpg

092113-UFC165-006.jpg

3bc4d05bafb44c12ae299ff1e43c0245

Alexander-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones8.jpg

Jon-Jones-Alexander-Gustafsson-450x308.jpg

Alexander-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones18.jpg

gustafsson-lands-a-beatiful-left-hook-on-jon-jones-gif.gif

Do you like it?

That's not fair. You're only supposed to post analytical pics from fights where guys are smaller than him.

Yeah, besides the little left he landed in your GIF. I don't see a fish landing flush.
True, that swollen eye Jones had, the cuts, the swollen lips and blood streaming down his face was just makeup his corner added to him during the course of the fight to help win Jones some fans. His hospitalization lying on a gurney after the fight was just to connect more with the new fans he made from the makeup, by making him look extraordinarily human.

Jones is fucking great, and Gus beat his ass. Gus is the uncrowned champ. If he didn't get robbed in that decision, his confidence would have been higher and he would have beat DC and Rumble. Basically, shitty judging ruined Gus's life.

Something is up with that guy...Can't quite put my finger on it...

Jones is fucking great, and Gus beat his ass. Gus is the uncrowned champ. If he didn't get robbed in that decision, his confidence would have been higher and he would have beat DC and Rumble. Basically, shitty judging ruined Gus's life.

I'm not so sure he could beat Rumble at all though, Rumble is a terrible matchup for Gus. I could see Gus using length to control DC though, but he would need far better footwork than he has shown to stay away from the grind.

This proves he is doing it on purpose honestly, I mean for fuck sakes he could have easily made jabs out of those eye spikes. It's not like he would lose much length over Shogun. If it's to keep distance and measure distance, there is no excuse either...A pawing jab could easily judge length and keep the fighter at bay.

Back