Conor's next move if he loses to Khabib/Ferguson???

datsyuk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not bashing Conor or saying he will lose to either one, but I'm legitimately wondering what you guys think he would do next if he were to lose his LW title fighting either one of these guys. And not lose by like a close decision or anything that would warrant an immediate rematch like Woodley/Thompson. I'm talking like getting absolutely mauled for 4 or 5 rounds and then getting TKO'd or submitted so there is absolutely no controversy. I personally think he would do a Diaz vs Conor 3 to make huge money and then probably just be done and sail off into the sunset. What you guys think?

For him to lose to one of them he has to fight one of them...

I think he'd rematch Nate, if he wins gets a title shot, if he loses the Nate rematch or the title shot he probably rematches Aldo at 155 then retires.

I can't see him sticking around if he doesn't have a belt.

He won't lose. But in this fantasy world. If he did. He would fight diaz again and walk away from the sport the highest paid mma fighter ever. And in 18 years, conor jr will take ufc by the balls.

Highly irrelevant as its never going to happen...

WTF are you talking about ? You actually believe he is going to fight one of those guys ?

A fucking 5 yr old account. And you post shit like this ? You need to get your head out of your ass, and start paying attention.

giphy.gif

Not bashing Conor or saying he will lose to either one, but I'm legitimately wondering what you guys think he would do next if he were to lose his LW title fighting either one of these guys. And not lose by like a close decision or anything that would warrant an immediate rematch like Woodley/Thompson. I'm talking like getting absolutely mauled for 4 or 5 rounds and then getting TKO'd or submitted so there is absolutely no controversy. I personally think he would do a Diaz vs Conor 3 to make huge money and then probably just be done and sail off into the sunset. What you guys think?

OwpZL_s-200x150.gif

Just want to see him catch a serious mma beat down after that don't care.

If khabib wins vs ferguson he's going to do Diaz 3 so we won't get to find out.

Don't you think its odd the most vocal person in MMA, hasn't said a peep about his two biggest challengers?

I don't think he has any intention of facing either of those two. I think the gameplan going forward is to fight either Nate (as Kavanagh recently said) or fight for the WW title or Floyd.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He will fight for the WW title before he defends the LW one.

Don't you think its odd the most vocal person in MMA, hasn't said a peep about his two biggest challengers?

I don't think he has any intention of facing either of those two. I think the gameplan going forward is to fight either Nate (as Kavanagh recently said) or fight for the WW title or Floyd.

giphy.gif
What movie is that from?

I will say that he just fought a guy three times the size of him, and there is no way anyone can do that. He will then move down to fw to fight Aldo, and say that he has proven everything he needs to at lw and ww, and will now go down to recapture the belt he never lost. Then he will probably talk about being a natural bw or fl.w, and that he is thinking of cutting down to capture two more belts...

Not really. When he's not doing interviews before a fight, he rarily does interviews. Ferguson made this point as well; but why would he call him out?

Now this Mayweather bollocks seems to be gaining some sort of momentum, there may or may not be a chance of that happening. Then there's having his kid. He's doing a interview with Helwani this month but he's not going to give a definite answer on what's next, I don't think.

I think Diaz 3 will be a go, GSP, Aldo possibly and I'd like to see him against Cerrone personally.

He'll fight Diaz for a third time possibly?

Or he'll force himself back down to 145lbs to fight Aldo/Holloway, under the pretence that it'll be an easier route to get back to the title.

Back