Could Conor beat Andy Souwer/Buakaw/Masato in K1?

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Ok i know the heavyweight K1 strikers have been outstruck in mma. But it was very rare or flukey when an mma fighter would fight a K1 fighter and beat him.

All this talk of conor boxing with mayweather, but conors striking utilizes a lot of kicks which would work in K1 style.

How do you guys see conor doing in K1 max against those guys.

I actually think he beats masato and souwer because those guys rely on a lot of punching, but buakaw is way too skilled and has monster kicks and isnt easy to hit so buakaw beats conor.

So i say conor can hang with the top K1 Maxx guys. Petrosyan can beat him though.

fuck no, are you crazy?
Please explain why. We' ve seen mma fighters hang and even beat some k1 fighters IN K1

Conor is pretty much a kickboxer in mma, his power his precision are up there. He just doesnt have the experience, but conor knows how to strike, his reflexes are amazing as well.

Please explain why. We' ve seen mma fighters hang and even beat some k1 fighters IN K1

Conor is pretty much a kickboxer in mma, his power his precision are up there. He just doesnt have the experience, but conor knows how to strike, his reflexes are amazing as well.
buakaw would rip conor's fucking head clean off

buakaw would rip conor's fucking head clean off
Like i said buakaw's style makes it hard for conor because buakaw isn't a wild puncher, he picks his shots and his kicks are hard as hell.

Souwer and masato like to throw hands and mcgregor could catch them.

Like i said buakaw's style makes it hard for conor because buakaw isn't a wild puncher, he picks his shots and his kicks are hard as hell.

even saenchai would rip conor's head clean off

Saenchai is too small, i know he's a savage and fights bigger guys, but conor can hang at 170 and is 5'9, saenchai is what 5'6?
saenchai would obliterate him, conor might as well be stuck in the mud he wouldn't even knew what hit him. not like he could wrestle his way out of the standup, we're talking kickboxing right?

saenchai would obliterate him, conor might as well be stuck in the mud he wouldn't even knew what hit him. not like he could wrestle his way out of the standup, we're talking kickboxing right?
Yes kickboxing or muay thai

No. Just like K-1 guys lose to MMA guys in MMA fights, just see Souwer's run in Rizin.

They aren't dumb. They will still attack their opponent's weakness and avoid his strengths. Chances are, they would attack his legs ferociously.

Conor spends fractions of time practicing the arts of legends people try to match him up against. Why would you give him good odds of winning? He would smash them in MMA likely, they would smash him in thier chosen fields likely. Jeezus.

Conor spends fractions of time practicing the arts of legends people try to match him up against. Why would you give him good odds of winning? He would smash them in MMA likely, they would smash him in thier chosen fields likely. Jeezus.
K1 and mma striking are more similar and the talent pools are similar. Boxing is different because there are just so many boxers so the elites are really really good. Kickboxers have as much training and talent pool as mma and their striking styles are more similar.

Conor would lose to a top 40 guy in boxing, but he could hang with K1 guys

No...his legs would get wrecked against someone like Buakaw. Even 2017 Buakaw...

No...his legs would get wrecked against someone like Buakaw. Even 2017 Buakaw...
Read my post, i think buakaw's style makes it hard for conor and buakaw would beat conor. But masato and souwer both throw lots of punches and fight more traditional boxing/kickboxing. Buakaw is straight muay thai.

Back