Nate Diaz Applies for Boxing License

Getting that McGregor trilogy in the boxing ring yo

I heard it has to do with Ali act or something. I only know a little bit about it & I'm too lazy right now to explain.

Last edited:
Wants some of that McGregor cheddar.

funding-daily-cat-930x609.jpg

And no one saw it coming three more times! Now, the one man who made a difference before, is about to make a difference again. Only this time, it's ... different

Miocic will be next
Then JDS

Then RONDA ROUSEY!

If it's anything other than celebrity boxing, no.

Conor retires, Nate says he's going to retire. Conor takes 10 months off, Nate says he wants 10 months off. Conor gets his boxing license, Nate gets his boxing license. Anyone else see a pattern here?

Would be an interesting fight, to see if McGregor could actually get the KO (knowing he doesn't have to worry about getting dragged down). On the opposite side, it would be interesting to see Diaz could wear him out over 36 minutes (12 boxing rounds), vs. 25 minutes (MMA).

Conor has permanent residency in Nate's head.

{<Mcgoat}

He was outboxed and embarassed by Mac in the second match, his only shown advantage being his cardio. Since cardio is not an issue for real pro boxers, I hope that everyone who said that Conor would be murked against any of the latter, will logically come to the same conclusion about Nate.

Nate-Diaz-700.jpg
Nate paid his fine and has requested a boxing license,” Bob Bennett, NSAC executive director, told ESPN. “Upon his submission of the required licensing information, we expect to approve his license as of this date.
“We welcome Nate and his older brother, Nick, to fight in Las Vegas, whether it’s with the UFC or a boxing promoter.”
Along with filing for a boxing license, Diaz also paid his $50,000 fine for his actions at the UFC 202 press conference in August. At the press conference, Diaz threw water bottles at his opponent, Conor McGregor.

Diaz also submitted a video of himself training in boxing to be reviewed by the commission.

Floyd “Money” Mayweather also talked to ESPN about Diaz making a potential change in sports.

“When I talked to Nate Diaz, he told me [the UFC] had put him on the shelf,” Mayweather said. “He said, ‘Since the second fight with Conor McGregor, they put me on the shelf. I’m ready to stay busy, stay active.’ Nate Diaz even talked to me about coming to box.”

Diaz is the second UFC fighter in recent months to apply for a boxing license. UFC Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor applied for a boxing license in California late last year.

Diaz has not fought since losing a decision to McGregor in August at UFC 202.

giphy.gif

Randy Couture has an interesting theory on why Conor got his...maybe Nate's in the same mindset.

McGregor vs Diaz in the boxing ring?

Poor cardio + leg kicks not allowed = R.I.P.

The bigger gloves would probably benefit Nate if he and Conor fought in a pure boxing match since it 'd negate some of Conor's power, McGregor also wouldn't be able to kick.

He was outboxed and embarassed by Mac in the second match, his only shown advantage being his cardio. Since cardio is not an issue for real pro boxers, I hope that everyone who said that Conor would be murked against any of the latter, will logically come to the same conclusion about Nate.
Diaz landed more strikes that fight than Conor did, and Conor barely managed a majority decision.

What Diaz did to lucky charms in the first match was embarrassing, especially after Conor talked about how over rated Nate's ground game was, and how he'd dominate Nate on the ground, lol.

Back