*** "The New York Badass" Phil Baroni SHERDOG Q&A ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over / was changed to a live Q&A)

*****This is a Q&A for former UFC, Pride, Strikeforce & Bellator veteran Middle & Welterweight, Phil Baroni! He will answer your questions via video(which will be posted when made). So ask away & keep it respectful & clean otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Phil Baroni is one of the true veterans of the sport. He had his very first pro fight all the way back in 2000. A fight in which he won in only 35 seconds.

11b-Phil-Baroni-UFC-125-w.jpg

Phil holds a 15-18 pro MMA record & has fought around the world against many great opponents including the likes of Matt Lindland, Evan Tanner, Dave Menne, Amir Suloev, Pete Sell, Minowaman, Ryo Chonan, Yuki Kondo, Kazuo Misaki, Frank Shamrock, Joey Villasenor, Olaf Alonso, Joe Riggs, Amir Sadollah, Brad Tavares, Yoshiyuki Yoshida, Hayato Sakurai & Karo Parisyan. Phil isn't one who likes to leave it in the hands of the judges as only 3 of his wins have gone to decision.

20330.jpg

Follow him here:

Twitter: @ philbaroni
Instagram: philbaroni_nyba

Last edited by a moderator:
First 30 or so questions will be accepted before being locked for answering.

Hey Phil, do you have any interest in coming out of retirement to compete for Rizin over in Japan? A Pride guy like yourself would definitely be welcomed there, and you could soccer kick and stomp and smash people over there for sure.

Even if you don't fight, what about taking Joe Warren's spot on the microphone? We'd be glad to have you back in the booth at least.

And I wish Ninja fought you

War

8aed2ffb4dc717dced679a0da8db80b8.jpg

!

How do you vs the Rua brothers would have gone?

Last edited:
THE BEST EVA.
Legend.

What's up Phil, you make every Phil in the world look badass (me included)

I have a question, what are your advices for up and coming fighters ? also, what would you do differently if you could go back in time ?

Thanks for taking the time to come around here man, hope life's going well.

Hey Phil. WilKO here. Who is the best Eva?

Hi Phil, what do you think of the current efforts in unionization and bringing the Ali act to MMA? And are you in support of any particular union/association - MMAAA, MMAFA, PFA?

Hey Phil, Are you still training? and what changes in MMA(technique, training camps, rules) have been the most beneficial to the growth of the sport?

Hay
Mr Baroni.
Would you like to have a fight in
Rizin Fighting Federation?
If so who would you like to fight?

I would be down to pay good money to see you fight Krazy Horse.
- Michael Slade.

Always a fan of the NYBA.

Who's the hardest hitting guy you ever fought?

Who hits harder? You or a bread truck?

Who's the best evah?

Serious question, was training in the early days serious and you just not have the added value of the 20+ years guys now do, or did you just show up play around and try to 'figure it out'

Hi Phil! Let me preface this by saying you are indeed, The Best Eva

Platinum Mike Perry has drawn a lot of comparisons to you, what do you think of him and how far do you think he can go?

And second question, who are some of your favorite fighters ever?

I remember watching a documentary on you before one of your recent fights where you were training at AKA. DC was talking about not going hard to avoid getting hurt and he mentioned you having a lot of setbacks throughout your career.

What kind of injuries did you face, when and during what moments in your career. Always interested in what us fans don't hear about...Thanks Phil.

Hey Phil, who is your best win in your opinion?

I am serious with this question, it may already have been answered so he might not need to answer it.

What do you think of wmma in the ufc? and Ronda Rousey and her downfall
The ufc sale/did he expect the Fertittas would sell the ufc around this time or did he think they wouldn't sell it at all or at least till 2020
thoughts on Goldberg getting fired and chuck/hughes losing their job for life even though that was only under zuffa so that cant be too surprising
Joe Silva also gone

This is all one question HI, make sure you fit it in!

Johny Hendrix said the hardest punch he ever took was by u in training where he was knocked unconscious and lost a full day of memory.........this was before his championship and early in his career do u regret that punch ? And how do u remember it ?

How do you manage to be so badass? Were you born badass or did you have to work on it?

What is your proudest moment from your MMA career?

A few years ago a friend and I met you in Dublin at UFC 93. My friend asked you which was your favourite fight that you participated in and he said he liked your fight with Frank Shamrock in Strikeforce. Personally I couldn't beleive he said that given how it ended but you were pretty cool about it and just said "Yeah...That wasn't my favourite one".

We laughed about it later as in wasn't Baroni pretty cool in his response.

My question is which was your actual personal favourite fight that you participated in?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back