BJ stoppage was early

Lynda L

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah the first round was 10-8. And the second round was on track to be 10-8. But BJ was not taking clean shots on the ground. The ground was where BJ had a chance.

We have seen other fighters in that situation allowed to continue. The ref based his decision on how the fight was going, rather than what he should've been considering, which was whether BJ was intelligently defending himself. BJ was intelligently defending.

We have also seen fights turn around. BJ landed a couple shots, and all it takes is one. Also Rodriguez was kicking a lot, and as we've seen with Connor, kicks drain energy. This was a five round fight. It should've gone on.

I actually agree. Yair was doing that really, really fucking annoying thing of windmill flailing to make it look like he was putting on a beating, but BJ was defending and moving, and after the initial follow-up it didn't appear like a whole lot of hard shots were landing. BJ was definitely still rocked from the shot that dropped him, but it seemed on TV at least that he was intelligently defending.

Dudes take 100 - 200 shots in fights. Those 20 mostly weak arm punches shouldn't be enough to stop a fight in and of themselves unless we change all of the rules. The key is intelligent defense, and BJ was there.

BJ had a chance for submission. Yair wasnt throwing clean hammers.

head bouncing off the canvas like a basketball

I thought so and thought it was Herb Dean reffing, soon as I saw big John I agreed with the call.

BJ ate around 20 unanswered and undefended shots to the head on the ground. Yair was in complete control and damaging BJ badly. Yair could have easily kept going until BJ lost consciousness. If McCarthy had let it go for another 10 unanswered head shots everyone would be claiming late stoppage. I have no problem with the stoppage.

original.gif

Was about to explode before Bj was stopped.

BJ should have been stopped five years ago.

Yeah the first round was 10-8. And the second round was on track to be 10-8. But BJ was not taking clean shots on the ground. The ground was where BJ had a chance.

We have seen other fighters in that situation allowed to continue. The ref based his decision on how the fight was going, rather than what he should've been considering, which was whether BJ was intelligently defending himself. BJ was intelligently defending.

We have also seen fights turn around. BJ landed a couple shots, and all it takes is one. Also Rodriguez was kicking a lot, and as we've seen with Connor, kicks drain energy. This was a five round fight. It should've gone on.

shut up your big LIES

I agree it was stopped early... IF BJ WANTED BRAIN DAMAGE!

Do you know who didn't protest the stoppage? BJ Penn.

Back