Stipe Miocic Calls UFC 203 Contract ‘a Slap in the Face

J

JollyRants

Stipe is not happy that Overeem got more money than him and wants more money on his contract. Good to see these fighters smarting up thanks to Conor and getting that paper they deserve. Heres what Stipe n Overeem got. upload_2017-1-17_18-22-5.png Stipe got a huge chunk of change guess it aint enough. guess i wouldnt want to be paid less either than the guy that i bounced his skull off the ground.

Jesus Stipe got 600,000 and he's complaining? This doesn't make sense. Sometimes these guys get a bit over the top with this stuff.

overeem isnt that big a draw. i honestly dont know why he makes that much.

It's not that bad especially if he got ppv points on top of 600k base bay. He probably walked away with over a million. But as a pro athlete that is chump change. What do boxing heavyweight fighters make? They used to make a shit ton 30 years ago. Like 14 million a fight and shit. Which using todays inflation is like 30 million.

6gPunt.gif

overeem isnt that big a draw. i honestly dont know why he makes that much.
He was threating to go over to Bellator and the UFC didnt want to lose him for Bellator. Also Overeem had a huge contract when he came over from Strikeforce because he was K1, Dream, StrikeForce champion etc. He defiantly aint worth that nomore that he aint Juiced reem anymore.

I don't like Overeem but he paid his due to MMA and deserves to be paid.
He has been fighting forever and probably renegociated his contract at a favorable moment during his winning streak..

Miocic, if not satisfied, shouldn't have accepted his 600k a fight new deal.

ufc fighters need a union that guarantees at least 7 figures for every champion (except flyweight)

It's the contract. The UFC can renegotiate every time a fighter loses if they want. Because they can cut the fighter after a loss. Fighters have that hanging over their head.

Imagine if a fighter could fire the UFC after every win? How much more would many fighters be making???

For these contracts to be fair, the UFC either needs to drop the loss clause or give the fighters a win clause.

Go ahead and make that $602,500 with that sweet Reebok money, playboy.

Don't be mad at the UFC. Be mad at your manager who negotiated your contract, dummy!

Surgeons in the US average about 200k per year. Pro fighters who make over 200k per fight need to stop complaining. That's great money. 600k for 1 fight is amazing. He might have gotten ppv points and he also made like 40k from reebok.

We've all had access to overeems contract for years. How come it seems to be new news to stipe?

It baffles me when educated Sherbros still call it the Reebok money. Reebok didn't make a deal with the fighters, they made a deal with the UFC. It's the UFC who decided how much the fighters get paid in sponsorship funds... and the UFC that pays the fighters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back