Sherdog Should Add a Feature Which Keeps Track of Fight Predictions

AminoAcid

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
During the end of 2015 we received the 'Like' function, which allows us the ability to give a thumbs-up to numerous posts. This was quite a good addition as it often determines whom we agree with the most, or simply who the most popular poster is.

However, what this doesn't allow us to do is determine which poster has made the most accurate predictions.

Sherdog should implement a system for keeping track of fights which were predicted correctly. Similar to that of likes, this new attribute, lets call it 'Credibility' for now, would appear on your profile, perhaps beneath the 'Messages' and 'Likes Received' functions.

'Credibility' would be a data type which keeps track of the total number of points from all of the fights which you have predicted correctly.

An example of how it could work:

On the night of the weigh-ins of a UFC event, a new 'sticky' thread will be posted at the top of the page. In it will contain all of the fights on the card which will take place the next day. For simplicity, lets just use the main card for now.

Using perhaps a poll, people will be able to vote for who they think will be victorious in each match up. Once the main event starts, you will no longer be able to vote and perhaps the thread will become locked. If you predict the winner correctly, a certain number of points will be added to your 'Credibility' count. If you predict incorrectly, the same number of points will be removed from your total.

Depending on the magnitude of the fight (title fight, co-main event, etc) and perhaps the betting odds (favorite, huge underdog, etc), the number of points to receive if you are able to correctly predict the winner will vary.

For example, correctly predicting the first fight on a main card may yield you 2 points or cost you 2 points if your prediction doesn't fall through. For the main event, the points in play may be significantly more, such as 5 or 10.

The points can also be varied directly according to the betting odds (this would be the best option in my opinion).

Again, this is just an example of how it may work. It doesn't have to necessarily follow all of these steps, but the blueprint, the outline, is the thing to note.

Adding this feature would not only improve Sherdog but it would give individuals another reason to log on and hang around.

When prediction threads will be made, we can simply take a peak at the poster's 'Credibility' count and automatically conclude if what he says truly has some clout to it or if it is simply a troll job.

I am down for another fun feature which will improve our environment. What say you?

And to all of the individuals who are unable to read a few paragraphs, I didn't forget about you.

12826171_573935156120928_1202287269_n.jpg

good idea. im considered to be one of the greats and im ready to prove that

Everyone would. And the idea about keeping score of predictions is a great idea

vBookie basically does this.

Only true vMillionaires (such as myself) can excel at such a system.

Sherdog just needs to kick in the vCash display under "Likes Received" on the user sidebar. Then everybody would rush to to vBookie to show off their predicting chops.

Only prediction you need to keep up with is mine tell you in 2010 that zuffa will have sold the fc by 16/17

Everyone would. And the idea about keeping score of predictions is a great idea
Yeah. should be something similar to tapology. Best prediction makers should get some special treatment ;)

Yes.

A system which allows for and keeps track of fight predictions.

Sherdog is the major league of MMA forums, it should implement a feature with a similar status.
They don't have the broadest database though. Tapology's database is by far the broadest.

I think they should add a "dislike" button first. 20 down-votes and you get a week ban.

Was going to say "use the search function" but it is clearly shit.

Back