UFC and the new generation of fighters

ernest8

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've been following a MMA for quite some time now and one of the things that annoy me is how old fighters that used to be good are still able to pick and chose their fights.

BJ Penn for example in his last fight.. i have the utmost respect for BJ Penn but he has no business being in this sport anymore.

I realize BJ is a draw but is that enough for him to headline a fight card? i don't think so. UFC should be about SKILL, not freak fights.

so, if someone is past his prime does it mean he shouldn't fight anymore?

even if he still enjoys it?

even if there are people who are willing to pay to see him fight?

It was a free fight..... If you don't like it, I'm sure the UFC will give you a full refund.
<{cruzshake}>

I don't think BJ picked to headline nor picked his opponent. I am sure he had no arguments being the headline but don't think he vouched for it either. Yair benefitted from the spotlight anyway so it works out, happens to every sport. next, Yair should get a bigger fight and BJ will not headline.

Everyone has their own view on what the UFC should be. However, its owners and management are the ones that matter.

Personally, I'm fine with there being some rewards for nearly 20 years of service.

I've been following a MMA for quite some time now and one of the things that annoy me is how old fighters that used to be good are still able to pick and chose their fights.

BJ Penn for example in his last fight.. i have the utmost respect for BJ Penn but he has no business being in this sport anymore.

I realize BJ is a draw but is that enough for him to headline a fight card? i don't think so. UFC should be about SKILL, not freak fights.
I'd say it's a new fighter thing more than the old guys, mostly Conor.

The older guys are pretty good with that actually and for the most part just fight who's in front of them... except for that coward Bisping.

Wait, I thought Conor ran the UFC. It's BJ???

Yair Rodriguez was in the fight too. Isn't that the type of fighter you are talking about?

More whining like a little bitch threads.

Back