I bet new ownership has reduced backroom bonuses

mma_genius

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I bet they believe you should only get whats in your contract. I predict the UFC will lose more fighters to competing orgs that "take better care" of them.

They spent so much money to buy the ufc they are under tremendous pressure to save every dollar they can.

Just look how they invent "interim" titles in an attempt to boost numbers.

Quid pro quo is illegal and perverted. I'm glad they have ended this practice.

Dana takes good care of the fighters, no one's getting 20k/20k, the pay is just a notch down the NFL now. Dana really is a good samaritan

I bet they believe you should only get whats in your contract. I predict the UFC will lose more fighters to competing orgs that "take better care" of them.

They spent so much money to buy the ufc they are under tremendous pressure to save every dollar they can.

I think they now go with "you can have what's in this hand or what's in THIS hand....."

The thing is you never get to see the second hand so when the first is empty you kick rocks and think "next time Imma get this...."

Dana takes good care of the fighters, no one's getting 20k/20k, the pay is just a notch down the NFL now. Dana really is a good samaritan
What-Meme-13.jpg

assuming they werent going to put Khabib v Ferguson on free TV (just an assumption), and considering it's not strong enough to be a main event on it's own PPV, and since all bouts that aren't a main event or for a title are 3 rounders...

...i for one am glad it's for an interim belt and 5 rounds.

Yeah, they call the official pay the "tip of the iceberg".

EDIT: I looked it up - it's actually called "the start of the freeze" sorry. Maybe it's the same?

Which orgs take care of them better? Certainly here and there a name fighter might get a better financial offer, but the vast majority make more in the UFC than they would anywhere else. Also, there is the health insurance, the stability and security of the largest and most professionally run organization (something fighters comment about a lot if you pay attention, a lot of the other orgs are disorganized and sketchy), far more promotion, the cache of fighting in the #1 org and other issues to consider, not just base salary and bonuses.

Which orgs take care of them better? Certainly here and there a name fighter might get a better financial offer, but the vast majority make more in the UFC than they would anywhere else. Also, there is the health insurance, the stability and security of the largest and most professionally run organization (something fighters comment about a lot if you pay attention, a lot of the other orgs are disorganized and sketchy), far more promotion, the cache of fighting in the #1 org and other issues to consider, not just base salary and bonuses.
Very true. When compared to other companies UFC is still the number one paying organization of the sport. Bellator is probably better for the fighters who already have a name but are out of their prime. They can get a higher pay in bellator than in the UFC. But for the top and lower guys, ufc is where it's at.

the evidence they are ending bonuses is that they have a few interim title fights? lol.

Never existed anyway

i'm sure you'd be business savvy and pay the fighters 250k if you ran the company.

The idea is kind of semi retarded. Are the fighters some sort of mid tier gangbang thug getting backroom bonuses?

Fuck that shit.

I highly suspect that the new ownership group has eliminated the backroom bonus arrangement. I'm basing that solely on the cuts they've made to other parts of the company, and not on any actual facts. Seems they'll cut costs anyway they can. Which I understand, but it sucks for the fighters.

WME_4_embed.jpg

do you really think this guy gives two fucks about your backroom bonuses?

Back