Are you glad women are in the UFC? V3

Are you glad women are in the UFC?

• Total voters

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's get the numbers.

It's been almost 4 years since women have joined the UFC... are you glad they're here?

I voted NO the first time, YES the second time, and I'm still a YES.

What say you?

V1: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/are-you-glad-women-are-in-the-ufc.2255445/
V2: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/are-you-glad-women-are-in-the-ufc-v2.2684163/

Previous POLL results:

The first poll was :
YES: 42.5%
NO: 36.5%
MEH: 21.0%

2nd poll is:
YES: 49%
NO: 31%
MEH: 20%

So far there's been a shift from NO to YES and trending towards more acceptance. Still pretty close though.

<7><{Joewithit}>{<RR}

Last edited:
No they bore the ever loving shit out of me and you're lucky to see a real finish not a late round RNC or TKO with weak punches

giphy.gif

I don't mind it at all. If I'm not interested in a fight, I don't watch it. I don't complain and make it about myself. There have been some really great performances in UFC's WMMA since it's inception. That's good enough for me.

I voted "meh". I appreciate the fact that women have the opportunity to compete and make money in a sport if they love MMA. I don't particularly like the lack of talent and depth at the moment. It's also a bit disturbing sometimes to see a woman get beat up really bad but I'm getting passed that since they are both willing particpants and know the risks.

So in conclusion I could take it or leave it and don't care that much either way. "Meh" is a perfect word.

I only cared for Gina Carano.

Cyborg needs to pay for this.

Yes. I would like to see those earlier polls, because they don't show for me (only threads).

Yeah pretty much. The SW division is looking so good right now, and the BW division will always be there. I truly believe the FW division will find success in the immediate future.

I'm happy for them that they're getting the chance to get paid and whatnot but I don't particularly care about 99% of the matchups.

Great for my betting game ("fight goes the distance" props) but horribly boring to watch the majority of the time.

I don't follow the women's divisions the way I do the men's divisions, but I'm fine with them being here. I think their rate of exciting and boring fights is about the same as the men. I am one of the minority (apparently from the discussions after WME bought the UFC) that prefers more cards. I like having some kind of card almost every week. The UFC needs fighters to fill those cards. I'm fine if it's women.

For the third time I voted no.
Because the more WMMA evolve the less they look like real women

of course

Women are martial artists also.

i almost always stay away from these Gender/Race/Hate threads because for some reason people feel the need to be edgy online and confrontational instead of just being reasonable mature adult's.

guarantee you that most of the woman bashers around here wouldnt have the balls to say what they do here to there spouses or mothers, sister's, or any female for that matter let alone professional mixed martial artists.

I must be sexist but I feel incredibly uncomfortable watching a woman being beaten up, unless it's Honda.

Wmma is the best ever. We get main events like de randamie vs Holm.

Back