Bigger fluke - Conor over Aldo, or Duffy overy Conor.

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Which is the bigger fluke? I'd say Conor punch over Aldo, but I can't wait for knowledgeable Conor fan breakdowns on how the punch was pure skill and the choke was a fluke.

I wouldn't call Conor/Aldo a fluke, per se. It was a good counter punch. That said, I don't think a 2nd fight goes down like that and I still give Aldo 50/50 odds of taking the fight.

I've seen too many flash KOs in MMA, and the subsequent rematches going down completely differently, to assume McGregor dominates a rematch.

Last edited:
Neither one was was a fluke.

Neither were flukes.

The thing to add here, though, is that Conor has improved exponentially since he fought Duffy, and would put him in a coma if they fought today.

Which is the bigger fluke? I'd say Conor punch over Aldo, but I can't wait for knowledgeable Conor fan breakdowns on how the punch was pure skill and the choke was a fluke.

well conor knocks people out and joe duffy has 10 submission wins so its kinda like whats the difference between a shit and a turd

Conor vs Aldo was the bigger fluke. There is a reason why Conor ducked the rematch. Conor knows he hit the jackpot with that lucky punch.

Neither were flukes.

The thing to add here, though, is that Conor has improved exponentially since he fought Duffy, and would put him in a coma if they fought today.

What makes you think that? Duffy actually was close to putting him in a coma but Conor does what he does best and flapped his fins like a fish outta water

What makes you think that? Duffy actually was close to putting him in a coma but Conor does what he does best and flapped his fins like a fish outta water

That's cute.

As a huge aldo fan, there was nothing flukey about how that fight went: any time aldo rushes in wild and reckless like that vs conner, he's gonna get caught and most likely get put out.

They are both not flukes

Conor vs Aldo was the bigger fluke. There is a reason why Conor ducked the rematch. Conor knows he hit the jackpot with that lucky punch.
When it happened I thought it was fair and square but when Conor consistently ducked the rematch I realized it was a fluke and Conor knows it too

Neither fight were "flukes". Anderson snapping his shin in half was a good example of a "fluke".

Back