Difficulties taking blood while dehydrated confirmed! Just experienced it.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I had to give blood while fasting and I didn't drink as much liquids as id like and my blood was super thick and slow to come out. But I wasn't dehydrated like some fighters in a weight cut. Cyborg must have been like should be in a hospital just survived 3 days in the Sahara desert dehydrated. I totally believe they couldnt take blood. It's a tiny tiny needle. If they used a thicker needle they would be able to get the blood but they use a tiny tiny needle. A thick needle would suck so bad.

Just a little first hand experience for you sherbros to listen too.

if her blood is so thick they can't draw it due to that severe of dehyration , she clearly has no business being near that weight class

if her blood is so thick they can't draw it due to that severe of dehyration , she clearly has no business being near that weight class

It more like the nurse or IV therapy/Phlebotomy had a hard time with the vein because of fluid deficit. I would imagine quite a few fighters would be in that situation as well, sometimes I have problems with normal people trying too start an IV with the cathater

why don't they just hydrate her then take blood?

lol cat hater

haters_o_164082.jpg

lol I've literally worked next to lab for the past 6 years now and I have NEVER seen them turn away a patient due to the fact that the blood was coming out too thick and slow. They treat cancer patients with severe issues like way worse dehydration and such. Not being able to find a vein is another story, finding one and the blood just not coming out from it? Never heard or seen it in my 10 years in medical.

And the size of the needle isn't mandatory. They can use whatever size they want. They use the small one to be nice to you, which if they are using butterfly needles then it's a POS lab.

I had to give blood while fasting and I didn't drink as much liquids as id like and my blood was super thick and slow to come out. But I wasn't dehydrated like some fighters in a weight cut. Cyborg must have been like should be in a hospital just survived 3 days in the Sahara desert dehydrated. I totally believe they couldnt take blood. It's a tiny tiny needle. If they used a thicker needle they would be able to get the blood but they use a tiny tiny needle. A thick needle would suck so bad.

I dont mean to be a hater, But surely just because someone on Sherdog tells us something, it doesn't mean its CONFIRMED! You could be anyone for all we know, It will take a lot more than your opinion on a forum to confirm the subject.

Was this ever a question? I tried to give blood at a Red Cross blood drive last year and got turned away because they couldn't get the blood flowing because I was dehydrated. I went again a couple of weeks ago after making sure I drank plenty of water during the day and things flowed just fine.

As an aside, I got turned away from the Red Cross a few years ago after having been bit by a bat a few weeks prior. My luck with giving blood has been spotty thus far.

lol I've literally worked next to lab for the past 6 years now and I have NEVER seen them turn away a patient due to the fact that the blood was coming out too thick and slow. They treat cancer patients with severe issues like way worse dehydration and such. Not being able to find a vein is another story, finding one and the blood just not coming out from it? Never heard or seen it in my 10 years in medical.

And the size of the needle isn't mandatory. They can use whatever size they want. They use the small one to be nice to you, which if they are using butterfly needles then it's a POS lab.

are you suggesting that the one personal experience described by TS is not representational of what it must be like for everyone under all circumstances? how dare you! LOL

are you suggesting that the one personal experience described by TS is not representational of what it must be like for everyone under all circumstances? how dare you! LOL
Well obviously they still got my blood out.. it was just really slow. Now imagine being 10 times as dehydrated? It could definitely happen. Yes they can use a larger needle and get it. But that would suck so bad. These fighters need to use their arms.

JUST BLEED!!!!!.....it's easier that way.

do you know the meaning of "confirmed"?

Gods, I hope not, because it was a lie. That is not how blood works, sir.
You calling me a liar?? This was 100 percent true. My blood was thick and slow to extract because I was dehydrated. The technician even commented on it. They got the blood but it was slow due to dehydration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back