RDA at WW

Alex Hewitt

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Is it just me who thinks he is way too small for that division, he is not even a big LW also imo he is easily still one of the best lightweights in the world and beats anyone out of the top 3, he obviously must have a hard time cutting the weight to warrent the decision i think he could do well but i just think the size could be too much of a factor when facing elite WW's

Way too small for Welter.

He'll have to pack on the muscle to Woodley levels if he wants to compete.

Yes, he had a hard time making LW.

And yes, fighters will look huge compared to him at WW. It will be fun to watch.

Cowboys looking great at WW and RDA has his number so who knows. He might have the same type of resurgence without a tough weight cut.

Benson was doing great at WW, even beating guys like Masvidal. Him and RDA are roughly the same size, the only difference is I think RDA's style is more effective than Bensons.

Is it just me who thinks he is way too small for that division, he is not even a big LW also imo he is easily still one of the best lightweights in the world and beats anyone out of the top 3, he obviously must have a hard time cutting the weight to warrent the decision i think he could do well but i just think the size could be too much of a factor when facing elite WW's

Agree

a bit small.

will do ok. but probably go the way of ben enderson.

Define small?

If you mean that he's a little short for the division then yes. But if you mean is he too small no because he is a thick, really strong guy.

He'll do fine. Win a couple fights probably never touch gold though but will come relatively close.

I really wish he'd use more offensive grappling personally. Guy is a monster on the ground.

He will be smaller but faster. What we've seen is that LWs have success at WW because of their speed advantage...Cowboy, Masvidal and Bendo all had success moving up.

Way too small, just like Bendo was. Not just their mass but their height and reach, too.

He got more muscle which helped him maul Pettis at 185 but yeah I have the same concerns if he were to get to the top of the division. I wonder who a good match would be, if he strings some good wins together, I'd love to see Rda-cowboy 3

Benson was doing great at WW, even beating guys like Masvidal. Him and RDA are roughly the same size, the only difference is I think RDA's style is more effective than Bensons.

Benson didn't look great at ww He barely beat a fringe top 10 fighter in Masvidal and struggled with Thatch and Koreshkov murdered him. He looked nowhere near as good as he did at lw.

RDA is a legit title contender at lw. I doubt he will be the same at ww

I think you'd be surprised. He can gain a bit more muscle now and cut less weight. There was a significant difference in Conor for example when he moved up.

mouse-ele.jpg

I think so, but we'll see. Depends if he tries to adapt his fighting style for the bigger guys, maybe focus on cardio/movement/grappling. I think he'll have range issues with some of the long guys, like Wonderboy.

He will fight happier because the less weight cut

Back